chapter two

*--*

"Hey, are you alright?" Ran asked her while holding her arms to guide her to the bed.

"Y-yes I'm fine" she flashed a smile to assure ran that she was fine but inside she's not. she wants to leave now but it's rude for them if she just leaves without saying thank you after saving her last night.

"Do you need water?" Ran asked her again. They were seating at the bed while rindou just enjoying his pancake at the door watching them.

"Uhm.no it's fine but-" she can't continue to ask ran because a manly voice spoke up.

"Hey ran who's that girl? New fuck buddy?" A man asked. has a long scar in between his left eye and his muscular built muscles can be seen through his white shirt. He was holding a cup of coffee and he was also wearing specs.

His eyes directly darted to the girl who was in bed beside ran. At first sight, he can tell who is it even they didn't saw each other for a long time. He was surprised and at the same time his heart started to beat fast, he didn't know what to do after what happen in the past. He didn't know if he will confront her or just leave at that place just like what he did 10 years ago.

"Hey bro what the fuck?" They go back from their senses when rindou spoke angrily about his pancakes that were now on the ground. Kakucho bumped him so that's why.

"Just leave rin and ask takeomi to cook again" ran sighed at his brother's behavior, rindou always likes that, especially in the morning. always not in the mood that even small things he gets angry about it.

his brother just nodded and leave the three of them in the room. Kakucho was just standing there and staring at kaori. While kaori not looking at him at the back scared of the fact that his ex was there staring at her.

"Hmm. So kaori are you hungry?" He asked kaori who was just looking down while playing with her nails. One of her habits, when she gets scared or frustrated.

"N-no I'm fine mister, do you mind if I leave right now?" She politely asked him while looking at him with her teary-eyed. Ran was surprised, he can sense her eagerness to leave that place like it was hell for her.

"But do you also mind if I want to stay here for a while?" He asked back. And plastered a smile on his lips.

Kaori loses her one last chance to escape from her situation right now. if she just can leave without saying anything she would probably do it. But her mind and her heart stop her.

"O-okay" she signed and stand up while her eyes closed she was about to turn around but she was surprised that kakucho was not there. At the back of her mind, she is thankful for that.

Ran put his arms in her back to guide her to go to the kitchen like she was a kid who doesn't know how to walk properly. She just ignored it and roam her eyes at the room.

When they finally got to the kitchen kaori was amazed to see many people sitting on the couch holding their glasses poured with wine.

"Hey ran! where's my black card by the way? The bank called me that my card reached almost 1M just for 1 week " Kaori got stepped back when the guy at the corner shouts. He was wearing a red polo partner with black pants. His fierce piercing black eyes and tall arching brows send shivers to her spine.his name was Koko, the one who brings funds to their gang.

"Huh? I never borrowed your black card" ran uttered confidently and take a glass of wine that takeomi was holding.

"Eh? You email me to send my card right away because you said something was urgent" Koko said and thinking what was the date did it happen.