[HTF] A Sucker For Love (Nutty x Fem!Reader)

A/N: I've been sick and had nothing else to do so I went "hey what if that one Valentine's Day episode but (Y/N) is the chocolate box?" and I got right down to business and somehow birthed five thousand words into my notes app. As the premise suggests this was supposed to be a crackfic, but then I got weirdly emotionally invested. So I mean... crack with benefits?

As the title suggests, Reader is female. She gives birth and is occasionally referred to as a mother and wife, though otherwise it isn't brought up frequently. AND ONE MORE THING: you guys are all hybrids, a.k.a humans with animal ears and tails. Best way I could make this work. Feel free to imagine humanoid Nutty however you'd like.

___________________________________________

Ah, Valentine's day. A holiday to appreciate and spend time with your beloved. What a beautiful sentiment.

Though it may not appear that way upon first glance, Nathaniel was an immensely romantic guy. So when he had sworn to dedicate this day to quality time with his one and only, that being sweets, he really, honestly meant to keep that promise.

Unfortunately fate wasn't kind to selfish assholes, as evident by the tragic loss of his first crush of the day (a lollipop) after he took it from a baby and the glass-related injuries he acquired trying to enjoy the tediously attained contents of a gumball machine. He could not let that get to him, however. The day was far from over yet and he still had a rendez-vous at the candy shop, ban for life be damned.

Right away a large, voluptuous, heart-shaped box of chocolates caught his eye. He had never seen anything like it, or if he did, he couldn't remember. Although the contents weren't visible he immediately knew: this was the one. The perfect sugary treat to sweeten his Valentine's day. Or... perhaps it would end up something more than a simple one-bite stand. A faithful snack for life... a flavor to fight for... a companion till the bitter end.

His thoughts were about to spiral into an animated daydream sequence when he spotted someone walking around inside the shop; that being you, who were busy restocking the shelves with various new products. He walked closer to the glass, all thoughts of the chocolate box pushed temporarily to the back of his mind as he observed you intently.

You wore a white T-shirt with a candy cane emblem on it, as customary for employees of the place. He didn't know you worked there... heck, he didn't think he knew you at all. What was your name again? (Y/N), he vaguely recalled. You two must have met before, then; even so, he had never really seen you like he did now, in your entirety. A fellow person with a common interest; after all, why would you work at a candy store if you didn't love candy?

He took in your features, your relaxed posture; you were wearing headphones, dancing and nodding along to your music as you placed another box on the counter. Your tail swayed gently in tandem to the beat and your ears twitched with satisfaction. In his eyes, in that moment, you looked absolutely stunning.

He couldn't help but fantasize about what a lifetime with you would've been like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neither of you ever imagined you could be this happy.

A few weeks ago, Nutty surprised you by taking that next meaningful step toward a fate entertwined with yours. Said step involved a date night with your favorite locations, a hasty getting down on one knee, a slightly clumsy attempt at a many times rehearsed, heartfelt confession of devotion and finally, a diamond ring that shimmered almost as bright as your tears of joy upon hearing the question spoken from your boyfriend's lips. You answered yes over and over and he smothered you in more kisses than all the pieces of candy you both ate that day combined. Although you had only been dating for a few weeks, you knew you made the right decision.