Chapter 12

Jenny slowly walks to work, head down and her headphones on. All she felt was numb. Like she was dead inside. Emotionless. That's how she's been feeling ever since she woke up. She didn't want to. She wanted to stay in her brother's comforting arms as he hugged her tight last night. He kept whispering that everything will be alright. Jasper quietly sat beside them. Both of them knew. They probably would have been there when she read those messages. How she wished she could go back in time and stop herself from reading it. She remembered when she saw a YouTube shorts video where there were a group of guys saying ‘IGNORANCE IS BLISS’. She couldn't agree more. 

This made her wonder if dad knew. What if he actually knew? The amount of pain he would be going through...but Jenny was sure he didn't know. Otherwise he would've confronted mom. She sighs. She could feel a headache coming up. She sighs again.

She reaches the shop to see Jacob already there. He was listening to some music and happily humming along with it while arranging the shop. He had a cute smile on his face. How happy he looked. Jenny felt envious of him. Wish she could be happy like that. Wish she could switch places with him….

“Good morning Jenny! Won't you come in?” Jacob smirks at her. Jenny feels her face heat up. She got caught staring at him. She walks in, embarrassed.

“Good morning Jacob.” She immediately runs to the lounge and keeps her bag on the couch and wears her apron.

“Someone here looks like they need coffee..”Jacob tells as he walks in and goes to the kitchen. 

“Who does?”

“You of course!” Jacob replies as he heats up some water. He then adds the coffee powder and some sugar and mixes it. He then waits for it to boil. He then pours it into two mugs. The aroma of coffee fills the lounge.

“Why me?”

Jacob turns to look at her. He hands her a mug. She takes it.

“Have you looked at yourself in the mirror today Jenny? You look like a mess! You look like you haven't slept all night! And your eyes, they're puffy! Is everything alright?” He asks, worried.

Jenny stops sipping her coffee. She looks at him. He points to the mirror on the wall next to the back door. She looks at her reflection. She was a mess. Her eyes were really puffy and she looked sleep deprived. She didn't know what to reply. She couldn't think of anything. She just sipped her coffee. 

Jacob suddenly pulls her towards the couch. He places his mug on the coffee table. He then sits and pulls her down beside him, gently. He takes the mug off her hands and places it on the coffee table. He then smiles at her as he pats his lap.

Jenny looks at him.

“What?”

“Lie down! I'll massage your eyes for a while. It'll take the puffiness away. Ava used to do it for me. Come.” He pats his lap again.

Jenny looks at him. His smile was so big and sweet. He was so excited to massage her eyes. She nods as she lies down, her head on his lap. She looks up at him. 

“Close your eyes. And relax.”  She did so.

She felt gentle fingers massage her eyes. It didn't hurt. She smiled as she felt calm and better. She sighs in relief.

“Ahh this is so good!”

“You want me to stop?”

“No! Go on please!”

“Okay!” he laughs as he gently massages her eyes again. 

Jenny feels herself relax. She smiles as his hands start massaging her forehead. She groans.