Tryouts

*Your POV*

Dear fellow Hufflepuff's,

We are delighted to inform you that the Hufflepuff Quidditch team is looking for a new chaser. Hayden Alesthy, our amazing old chaser, graduated last year and is by that unfortunately no longer a member of the team.

Tryouts will be held this Wednesday, from 1 P.M. - 3 P.M. on the Quidditch field, and everyone who's interested is very welcome.

We hope that various of you are willing and enthusiastic about joining the team and hopefully we see you tomorrow during the tryouts.

Sincerely,

Pomona Sprout, head of Hufflepuff house

Cedric Diggory, Hufflepuff's Team Captain and Seeker

That's what I read on the bulletin board in the common room, while a group of enthusiastic Hufflepuff's we're reading it too.

I heard them talking about their Quidditch skills and why they wanted to join the team.

I didn't mind actually, I didn't really feel like joining the team.

I mean, I like Quidditch, I've played it with George and Fred before and for my birthday last year, I got a poster from the Holyhead Harpies from Ginny.

But I don't know if I'm really good at it, and I don't want to embarrass myself.

I plopped down on the couch and finished my essay for DADA.

I borrowed a couple of books from Hermione by Lockhart (she wanted to give them all at first, because 'they were very inspirational', but I kindly denied her offer and only got Break with a Banshee and Travels with Trolls), and these showed me even more that Lockhart is an arrogant dick.

They were all about 'how amazing he was' and 'how so many women fall for him because he's so charming', which would be alright if anyone else wrote it, but the fact that he wrote it himself is just kinda disgusting.

When I was finally done with the essay I made my way to the Great Hall for lunch, because I lost track of time and I was pretty hungry now.

I made my way to the Gryffindor table, where Angie, Lee, George and Fred were already eating.

"Hey y/n/n", Fred said with his mouth full of food. "Where 'v you been?", he asked while I sat down opposite him, between Lee and Angie.

"I was finishing Lockhart's stupid essay", I answered while grabbing a sandwich.

"At least you try your best to do it", Angelina said while raising her eyebrows. "I'm just gonna write it over from Evelyn. She said I can copy if I pay her three chocolate frogs and a pumpkin pie".

Fred chuckled and took another chicken leg. "Isn't he gonna notice that you two have the same essay?"

"I don't think he can think that far, Fred", I answered.

He laughed and took a bite of his chicken.

" Hey y/n/n, I heard Hufflepuff's looking for a new chaser", Lee said.

"-Mhm? Oh yeah, apparently"

"So? Are you going to the tryouts?", George asked.

"Oh uh- No I don't think so", I answered.

"What? Why not?"

"I don't know, I'm just not really good at Quidditch, so-"

"What? You, not good at Quidditch? You bloody destroyed Fred and me during summer, remember?"