ELEVEN

"Desi, baby, wake up."

My eyes fluttered open as my body took a second to readjust to the light falling into the room. My eyes were blurry, but I could make out the red hair of my girlfriend.

"Tasha?"

"Hey, baby," she stroked my hair as I fully woke up.

"What are you doing here?" I was really confused and groggy.

"It's Friday, honey. You missed our lesson."

"Fuck," I sighed, rubbing my eyes. It had been three weeks since our date, and I had become swamped with work, meaning I only saw Natasha in her lectures or at our lessons. "I'm so sorry, Tasha, I've just been working a lot."

"I know, Desi, don't worry about it. How about I take your mind off it?"

"Please," I begged, desperate to have a change of scenery. She helped me out of bed, and since I was still in my day clothes, we just walked straight out of my dorm and to her car. I looked over for Natasha's permission before switching on the radio, and Stevie Wonder started blasting out of the speakers.

'Yeah, I've done a lot of foolish things

That I really didn't mean

I could be a broken man

But here I am

Watch out with my future babe'

"Here I am, baby" Natasha sang out, joining in. I let out a laugh before singing the next line.

"Here I am, baby, get it," I let out without a care in the world.

"Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours"

"Ooh baby. Here I am, baby"

"Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours"

"Here I am, baby. Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours" I finished as the song ended, and both me and Natasha were in a laughing heap. I kept catching her eyes in the car mirror as I sang the lyrics, knowing that what was being said was true. I gazed appreciatively at my girlfriend as she drove through the roads, taking in her beauty. She had plaited her hair, framing her face perfectly, and her ears were stacked with silver jewellery. Muscles were peeing out under her sleeves, and her eyelashes fluttered as she blinked.

"Desi, what are you doing?" Natasha half-turned her head to me, smiling softly.

"Just looking at my beautiful girlfriend."

"Seriously?" She giggled, causing my stomach to flip.

"What, I'm allowed!" Her hand lifted off the steering wheel and came over to cover my eyes, sitting there until I poked my tongue at it.

"Ew!" She shrieked, whipping her hand away.

"You are asked for it, Miss Romanoff."

"Shut up!" We both giggled until we arrived at our destination, the bowling alley. Natasha dragged me to a lane and sat me down as she ran off to get shoes. The alley was retro-themed, with an old jukebox in the corner and booth style seats. Vintage signs littered the walls and the sounds of the balls hitting the pins brought back fond memories of trips to the bowling with Alex and my parents.

"Desi?" I span around and was met with the devil himself.

"Alex? Hey!" I jumped up and gave him a hug which he readily accepted.

"How you been Des? Has work been killing you as much as me?"

We both laughed as I replied, "Probably more, this is the first time I've been out in weeks!"