Chapter 12 - Just Another Plan

Phineas' POV

After Isabella left, I hurriedly ran to the house to tell Ferb. I know he's going to be happy for me so I'm going to let him know first.

I ran to the second floor of our house, and went to our room.  There he is, laying on his bed while reading a book.

"Hey Ferb." I whispered to him to show respect and to show that I'm not interrupting while he's reading.

"Hmm?" He only hummed but I caught his attention.

"She gave me a chance!"

"W-What do you mean?" He hesitantly asked.

"So basically, I asked her to be my girlfriend and before you can react, I know it's sudden. But she said no, only because I haven't done anything beyond the friend zone kind of stuff. So I'm going to plan a perfect date for her. And you are going to help me." I explained to him but unfortunately, no reply.

"You're going to help me right?" I asked, now in a serious tone.

"O-Of course." What a reply but I'm glad he's going to help. But I clearly see he doesn't like the idea and at first he'll be happy to hear the news. Turns out I'm mistaken.

"Good."

"So.. Any ideas?" I asked. I have nothing in my mind but I know he'll have ideas. Good ones.

"Make some scheme about romance. Let's start tomorrow." He replied and that's a good idea. See?

"Romance?" I'm not good at romance but I'll give it a go.

"Uhm.. Fairs are always cool. But make it more romantic like make.. A tunnel of love, ferris wheel for lovers or something like that." That's a plan and I guess that's final.

"Thanks so much Ferb! You're awesome bro!" I said, in a more happier tone.

"No problem."

________________________________

The Next Day

I woke up before the alarm. I beat the slowpoke once again but I sure haven't beat Ferb since I didn't see him sleeping on his bed. But I have seen him already building the fair through the window. Once again, he's earlier to get up than me.

I walked down the stairs, greeted my mom who was in the kitchen. She set up my breakfast and then I ate. I rushed to eat my cereal so the earlier I get to the backyard, the better. It took me only five minutes to finish and after eating, I rushed to the door from our living room to get to the backyard quicker.

"Hey Ferb! Early again today aye?" I said to him. He looked from below to just see me because he was making the top of the ferris wheel.

"As they say, the early bird gets the worm." He said and I'm confused. Maybe he just has a different perspective on that figurative speech. Everyone knows it means especially on love, the earlier you make a move gets the girl.

"Don't be ridiculous Ferb. Isabella isn't a prize to be won. And besides, she's mine and nobody else." I explained and he just bowed his head then continued to his work.

"Now let's finish this before Isabella shows up. I'm going to help you now." I said before also getting the work done.

It took us an hour to finish the whole construction. And the place is perfect. The whole backyard became a huge romantic fair with romantic rides. It couldn't get anymore romantic than this.

Now, it's about 9:00 a.m. which is the time Isabella usually shows up. Actually it's 8:54 to be exact. But there was a sudden squeak of the wooden door of our backyard. I assume it's Isabella and it's just in time. I'm ready and the place is ready.

"Hey Phineas and Ferb!" Baljeet greeted.

"Hey Doofus. What'cha doin'?" Buford said in a low tone.

"Only Isabella could say that. But since you asked, it's a romantic fair for uhm.. Isabella." I explained to them.

"Whoa! That's new!" I hate to give the bad news but they can't join the ride. It's only for me and Isabella, not being selfish but it's just about having quality time with Isabella.

"Yes. And it's only for Isabella and I to ride. Sorry. But you can help."

"With what?" They said both at the same time.

I said the plan of what they can do and they replied with positive thoughts. They must really like what they are going to do because they are going to be a big help.

It's exactly 9:00 now. Oh, and just in time. I heard another squeak on the door meaning there is someone outside. And I know it's Isabella out there.

"Hey Phineas. What'cha doin'?" She greeted but after a second, she let out a big gasp.