Winning the Case

-SCARLETT'S POV-

I was outside the court hall with JJ. She had gotten restless while the case had been in session, and so I took her out to let her run around and play for a little while. It had been a long and exhausting six months since Jensen first filed for full custody of his daughter. I had been with him every step of the way, supporting him in any way I could. There had been one little argument not long after we picked up JJ because I had also come clean about sleeping with Charles, but once that was resolved, things had practically gone back to normal.

They were supposed to come to a verdict today about whether he would get his wish or not and he had been more on edge that morning compared to the last few weeks. As much as I wanted to be in there to hear the decision, I knew keeping JJ entertained was a lot more help to Jensen at the moment.

"Scarlett?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"I need to go potty."

"Okie dokie, let's go."

I held out my hand and JJ latched onto it, allowing me to lead her down the hallway to go find the restroom. When we had finished and were arriving back outside the doors, they opened and Jensen came out with his lawyer close behind.

"Daddy!"

"Hey, J Bird," he smiled, picking JJ up.

"So?" I asked, staring up at him in anticipation.

"We did it," he grinned.

"We won?"

"We won."

I smiled, meeting him halfway for a kiss.

"Eew!" JJ squealed, burying her face in Jensen's shoulder.

We laughed against each other's lips before pulling away. Danneel came out of the courtroom a few moments later, a pissed off expression on her face.

"This isn't over, Jensen," she growled.

"Actually, I think it is, Danneel," Jensen replied. "And if you ever come near us or contact us again, you'll regret it."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Just stay away from us, Danneel. You lost."

"Maybe I lost this round, but I'll be back."

"Good luck with that."

With one last longing look at JJ, Danneel stormed off.

"Are you really not worried about her coming back?" I asked Jensen.

"We can always get a restraining order," he shrugged. "Ready to go?"

"Absolutely," I nodded.

He moved JJ so he was balancing her on one hip and laced the fingers of his free hand through mine. We headed out of the courthouse like that, ducking past the swarms of paparazzi without giving them a statement. Part of me thought Jensen should have given them something, considering this would be big news and Danneel had most likely given a statement of her own, but he was in a hurry to get home, so I didn't press him to interact with them. Jensen got JJ buckled in the back in between us. Cliff was driving and Jared sat in the passenger seat. He and Misha had come to provide some more moral support during the case.

About 45 minutes later, we pulled into the driveway of Jensen's parents house. As to be expected, the moment we stepped through the door, we were bombarded with the smell of Mama's cooking. The rest of the Padalecki, Collins and Ackles families were already there, ready to celebrate the happy occasion. We had already anticipated winning based off how the past few weeks had gone, and so Mama, Gen, Vicki, Kenzie and I had been planning the party with some help from virtually everybody except Jensen. We had kept him in the dark about it so it would be a total surprise when we got back.

The next several hours were spent mingling and eating Mama's delicious desserts while everybody congratulated Jensen on winning the case.

"So, now that Jay isn't worrying about this, are you two going to take the next step and make things official?"

I nearly choked on my punch at Mama's question.

"W-what?"

"Oh, come on, dear. We all know he's going to ask you to marry him. He'd be crazy not to."

"The case just wrapped up," I pointed out. "I seriously doubt Jensen is thinking about a proposal any time soon."

"I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea," Mama smiled knowingly. "He may surprise you. And we would be happy to make you an official member of the family."

I looked over to where Jensen was standing with Jared, Misha, Josh and Allan. He had JJ in his arms and a giant grin on his face as he talked and laughed with them all.

"Thanks, Mama," I told her.

"You're welcome, dear," she responded with a wink, heading off to talk to some of the other guests.

I headed over to refill my cup and felt two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"I hope that's non-alcoholic, Lightweight," Jensen murmured in my ear, his hot breath fanning my neck.

"Of course, Douchebag. You really think I'd risk getting drunk now?"

He just hummed in response, nibbling at my ear gently.

"Jensen, there are people around," I warned him.

"So let's go somewhere else," he growled huskily.

"This is your party, Jay. You can't ditch out on it."

"They won't mind if we disappear for a little while. Let's go."

"Jay-"

I couldn't finish my thought because Jensen had begun to attack my neck with his mouth, causing my breath to hitch in my throat.

"Shit," I whispered, earning a low chuckle from my boyfriend.

Ignoring all the people still talking and enjoying themselves, I allowed Jensen to lead me upstairs to the guest room we had stayed in when I had first met his family. By the time we got inside, his candy apple green eyes had turned a dark forest-y color that I found extremely hot. He attacked my lips hungrily, backing me up toward the bed after shutting and locking the door behind us.

"Won't someone come looking for-" I started to ask, but was cut off as he continued his advances.

"I love you," he said in between kisses.

"I love you, too," I replied.

It didn't take long after that for things to escalate, all thoughts of the party downstairs vanishing from both of our heads.