Chapter 13

You ring the doorbell, "Open up!! I have a surprise for you."

Ari runs to the door hearing your voice and quickly opens the door, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN AND WHY IS YOUR DAMN PHONE SWITCHED OFF?!"

Thats when you realise that you have been gone for 12 hours.

"shuushhh.. you will wake our neighbours!!", you quickly check your phone and and realise it probably got switched off when you were at Eunwoo's since you hadnt charged it last night.

"I havent seen you since this afternoon, our lecture after lunch was cancelled so I came back home and you werent there. I took a nap and tried calling you in the evening and your phone was switched off. I wanted to go to the cops but they wouldnt investigate until the person has been reported for 24 hours and more. You do not know how worried I-", Ari is paused by your hug.

You hug her tight and pat her back, "Its okay, its all good."

Ari hugs you back and pushes you away, "its not all good and you are sleeping outside tonight."

"No no but listen I passed out on the road outside the station after you left", you start to explain.

"That had to happen considering the fact you were roaming around in the sun on an empty stomach", Ari replies with a poker face.

"Wow. I was expecting a little bit of WHAT?! YOU OKAY?!", you tell her dramatically.

Eunwoo reveals himself, "Did you like forget about me? how long have I been waiting for?"

"Oh yeah this is the surprise I was talking about", you tell Ari and then look at Eunwoo "and where exactly were you hiding?".

Ari stands in shock just blankly staring at Eunwoo.

You shake her softly, "did she like.......die?"

Eunwoo walks upto her and hugs her softly. You saw him wiping his tears and wonder, "God just do something and make him meet the one he is supposed to be with.. I cant see him in pain."

Ari finally hugs back and breaks into tears, "I missed you.. so fucking much."

You join their hug, "Ari, make us dinner we are hungry."

"Ah this girl wont even allow me to cry in peace", Ari breaks the hug and closes the door behind you guys and walks towards the kitchen.

"I just dont want his feelings rushing back.. I am sorry I had to interrupt your moment like that", you think to yourself.

-- you guys catch up on everything during dinner including the fact that Eunwoo is actually friends with Jimin--

"You let her alone with Jimin?! In a house with beds?!", Ari asks Eunwoo grinning hard.

"Nothing like that happened!!!", you tell them blushing,

"Nothing like what? Did we say something happened?", Eunwoo highfives with Ari.

You suddenly get flashbacks of how he licked the food off your lips and how he pinned you to the fridge and start blushing hard.

"Girl you have become a tomato!! This just confirms something happened!", Ari starts teasing you.

You quickly get up from the chair and take the dishes to the sink, "nothing happened!"

Eunwoo gets a more serious look on his face and turns to Ari, "Y/n told me you came to the Airport to see me before I left.."

Ari's smile fades away and she starts playing with the fork nervously.

"Why didnt I see you?", Eunwoo asks.

Ari gets up and adds her plates into the sink while you were washing yours.

"Is the situation too serious for me to ask them to wash their own damn plates", you wonder.

Eunwoo gets up and grabs Ari's wrist and pulls her towards him agressively.

"Ok do I continue washing or get into my room", you whisper to yourself.

"Why arent you saying anything? WHY DIDNT I SEE YOU IF YOU CAME TO THE DAMN AIRPORT?!", Eunwoo yells at Ari.

You quickly wash your hands and rush into your room thinking you gotta keep yourself safe before they start throwing things at each other.

Ari pushes him away, "I COULDNT MAKE IT!"

"Your flight departed by the time I got to the airport.. the guilt has been killing me since then. I couldnt come to our last karaoke and I couldnt make it to the airport.. I am sorry..", Ari explains looking down.

"Theres no way she didnt make it to the airport.. She called me half an hour before he even got to the aiport. I gave her the right schedule", you start thinking while having your ears pressed against the door listening to their conversation.

"Are you really sorry? what was so important that you chose it over me, your bestfriend since grade 1? You know how frustrated I was not seeing you for the last time?", Eunwoo asks tearing up.

"No please I am sorry!! You are important to me! You and y/n are the ones that keeps me going, its just I had something else to prioritise at that time", Ari's voice breaks as she speaks.

"I dont know Ari....", Eunwoo storms out.

Ari kneels down breaking into tears and you rush out of your room hearing Eunwoo storm out and quickly hold Ari.

"You know his anger. He will be fine by tomorrow, we cant change what has happened but lets not make it effect our friendship", you try to console Ari.

Ari hugs you tight and cries, "I dont wanna lose him! I dont wanna lose my bestfriend!"

"You wont, love", you tell her patting her head.

"Why dont you make up for it?", you tell her.

"huh?", Ari finally wipes her tears.

"You know how you used to make up for things whenever he got mad at you? You guys used to fight alot.. like old married couples", you chuckle "but you guys could never stay mad at each other for too long."

"You are right!", Ari smiles.

"Now go get some sleep", you tell her with a sweet smile.

Ari walks into her room and wishes you a goodnight.

You start stretching and yawning, "Imma sleep tight!"

As you are walking towards your room you notice the pile of dishes yet to be done.

"Aw man! When I get married to Park Jimin, I am hiring maids to do everything for me!", you say so without thinking.

Realisation hits you, "did I just say when I get married to Park Jimin?!"

You start smiling thinking about the time you spent with Jimin earlier today. Time flew when you were with him. And suddenly Ari's words from earlier starts roaming around in your head. "Theres no way she could not have made it.. Is she hiding something? I have to find out."