Untitled Part 3

Cecilia hated the way it was between them now.

He didn't look at her anymore. Only a quick glance and a thank you when she brought in beer and whiskey.

Fucking, Arthur paid her more mind than Tommy did which was enough to drive her mad.

She was wiping down the tables when the doors to their room opened and the brothers walked out, John and Arthur almost falling over themselves drunk, Tommy mildly amused as he followed and shut the doors.

She watched them go, feeling a slight sting in her heart when he didnt even bother with a goodbye.

But, in a way she was thankful. Maybe it would be better if they just cut ties completely-- Just like she'd done with the lasting effects of that awful night.

Cecilia had done what women were taught to do. Shove her haunted memories so deep, should she ever want to bring them back up it would take work to find them. With some effort and a little bit of denial, everything in her life made sense right now. Tommy was the only thing bringing her down.

The doors shut behind the brothers and she turned her back, ready to finish for the night.

"Just those last two" Harry the bartender said pointing to two tables "And then you can go"

He gave her a kind smile and a wink.

By the time she was done the bar was spotless, and that was no small feat. She'd made some tips and would be paid tomorrow morning. Not a bad weeks work at all.

In fact as she put on her coat and called out her goodnight to Harry, she actually felt good for the first time since the attack without forcing herself to smile.

Which was why it was all the more painful for her to find that Tommy was outside, leaning up against the wall of the Garrison, presumably waiting for her.

"You nearly scared me to death!" She said, clutching at her heart.

"I doubt that." He answered pushing off the wall of the bar, looking down at her.

She gave him a quick, wavering sort of smile, and began to walk, with him falling into slow sure steps beside her. 

"What, are you doing Mr. Shelby?" She asked half way down the street.

"I'm walking you home" He answered, eyes on the road. Curious she looked up at him, only able to describe his expression as mischievous.

"Thanks, but I think I'll be all right?" She answered unsure of why he suddenly decided to take an interest in her again. And just as she was thinking life without him was for the better... isn't that just like a man. She thought rolling her eyes and walking a little faster.

"Are you sure?" He asked, the arrogance in his voice making the hairs on her arm rise in protest.

"I am. Actually. Yes," She said stopping and turning to face him.

He took a few long strides past her before stopping, his head dropping back , eyes up at the sky. He sighed loudly then turned to look at her.

"It would make me happy to walk you home tonight Ms. Clark." He said, arms out in defeat.

She rolled her eyes again and shook her head no. "If you're really afraid some one else might try and pull another stunt like those two blinded fools, you're mistaken Tommy. Everyone knows now. Don't you worry about that." She said walking up on him. "Everyone knows who I work for and who looks out for me. The god damn Shelby's and the fucking Peaky Blinders." She said, her words trailing off as emotion got the better of her.