36- "Don't giggle, you are ruining the moment"

This is a long chapter. Thought of breaking into two but it's all in continuation. It will break the flow. Also caution⚠. If you know what I mean. 😈

Take ur time reading. Here goes nothing...

The first few days post job resignation were a mixbag. One would expect Pallavi to be drowned in depression and despair but instead, she stayed home doing Netflix and chill. The chill part was missing at the time though.

Honestly, home felt refreshing- having food at her disposal, lie down in bed, and do whatever she wanted. She was a free bird. She could also concentrate on a hobby that was ignored like terms and conditions- drawing sketches. But with that aimless freedom came uncertainty, anxiousness, bitterness, and pining. Having already been prisoner to these emotions, Pallavi realized she couldn't do anything but let them be. Atleast until something good happened.

As for Pallavi's meet with Adhvik, she had envisioned various scenarios. With no job, she had lesser excuses to make. Now she did lie to her parents before but only in cases where her friends brought their boyfriends with them.

And now, it was her boy-

No, stop, Pallavi! Getting physical was hardly a definition of boyfriend. A special friend would suffice.

Eventually, Pallavi came up with one excuse that wouldn't sound suspicious. A scenario of two beloved sisters doing shopping. Now what could be more plausible than that.

"But why drag me into this? What am I supposed to do until then?" Deepali whined as she tried to catch up with Pallavi who was dashing off the mall.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anything better. Just 2-3 hours, Deep." Pallavi swiveled her head across the mall, taking a glimpse at all the showrooms around. "Here, an extra five hundred rupee for you. Buy a new dress, watch a movie or something."

"Do I look like a kid in need of hotwheels? Besides, there's no fun in watching movie solo," Deepali grumbled though it went unheard as Pallavi attended the call from Adhvik, informing she would be there in ten minutes. Soon, she left hurriedly to pick an auto from the opposite lane to where her car was parked. Deepali let out a defeated sigh. Seeing her only sister rushing to meet her dear Adhvik awakened something that she would otherwise care less about. "Apna time aayega. Zarur aayega."

And so, the torch of singlehood passed on.

* * *

Nervousness wouldn't cover even half of what Pallavi was feeling at the moment. She hugged herself, trying to control the raging butterflies in her stomach. She was told to reach near Mansur, preferably at the beginning of the road that led to the office. She paced back- and- forth until she spotted a far away figure of Adhvik in red shirt and denim jeans, exiting the gate in his bag pack. Not even the blazing sun could stop them from smiling wide. Their first meet outside of office.

Adhvik sized her from top to bottom in her pink salwaar and leggings. "Hi, there."

"Please don't be late next time. I only came here for a while and I'm being a terrible sister by making Deepali wait."

"Ooh~ there will be a next time too? I like it!" Adhvik's lips twitched in mischief but Pallavi was in no mood for jokes as ushered him to get going. "Fine! Follow me and, uh... stay ten feet away, okay. You know how word spreads around in the neighborhood so..."