64~ "People like me are fresh in the market."

Soon after, Vineet and Pallavi decided to watch a movie. There was an automatic touch screen display where one could book movie tickets and pay it through the QR code. Apparently, they were confused over how to operate and the choice of movie as the screen wasn't accepting their tickets.

“No, don't choose that movie. I never heard about it.” Pallavi intervened.

“Better. I don't prefer popular movies anyway.”

“Heh, kuch bhi. No, give it to me!”

“No, let me do it.”

All that push and pull caused their fingers to brush against each other. Her skin tingled but she ignored that sensation as she focused on choosing a popular action movie. The latter couldn't as he held her soft hand.

“Someone's getting comfortable, eh,” He smirked and pulled her to his side. They stopped doing what they were doing and shared a long, flirtatious look. Eventually Pallavi snapped out of it and swatted his hand away.

“Get away, let me concentrate!”

“Uh- huh, where, you or me?” He wriggled his brows while she slapped his shoulder, suppressing her smile.

Unfortunately the screen didn't wait for their playfulness to finish as it displayed- Booking closed in red letters. There were still five minutes to 2pm and yet, they were unable to book. What kind of PVR cinema was this?

“Let's look for another cinema. There must be one nearby. It's Delhi,” Vineet suggested, already surfing through the options on his mobile. Thereafter, they booked the tickets online.

Outside, the rain had been pouring nonstop since morning. It had nearly overpowered the noises inside the station. Since they had time till the movie started, they decided to kill it by roaming indoors around the metro station for a while. They just exited the elevator when Pallavi felt a hand slip into hers. She shot an inquisitive look at Vineet who simply acted nonchalant and walked ahead, taking her along.

A small smile escaped her lips as she intertwined her fingers with his. For a casual guy, he exhibited quite romantic tendencies. Moreover, it was such a throwback moment to when Adhvik held her hand in the mall that time. Surely, nothing came close to that moment but it didn't mean she couldn't enjoy the present.

* * *

“You really haven't finished any web series? But there are so many genres and series, country wise. Does nothing interest you?” Pallavi asked him, aghast. She couldn't believe it when he wrote about this on Bumble but apparently, it was true.

“I just can't sit through to watch the whole thing,” Vineet retorted. “The episodes are so long. I'm not really interested. I'd rather read books.”

Reading books was one thing but not watch anything? Talking about K- dramas or any kind of drama was out of the window now. Pallavi asked how he was able to pass his time but miraculously, he could since he had other things to do. And he did browse through YouTube sometimes.

“I can't believe people like you exist.”

“Cos people like me are fresh in the market.”

She shot him a look. “Since when?”

The corners of his lips twitched as he met her gaze. “Since you found me.”

Pallavi's face broke into a chuckle at his answer. Eventually, they decided to go for a light snack in Chaayos. She ordered Kulhad chai while Vineet took hot chocolate. Their time in the cafe was a slow, flirtatious affair. It involved tasting off the other's drink to gauge which one was better. Vineet tasted chai from where her lips were at the cup, never taking his eyes off her while Pallavi mimicked the same. Both of them liked his hot chocolate better. He offered to have the rest of his drink to her liking.