[17] Family's dark past

trigger warning:
minor mentions of abuse

Hours passed and you were exhausted as hell.

You had to take a boat from Kokomi's island then the damn boat stopped working—making you two set foot on grassy plains.

Thinking about what you'll discuss about with Yae; you were deep in thought about other things, you bumped into a tall wall of black and blue and saw Dainsleif standing still.

He looked over his shoulder and at you—his face was blank. "We're almost at the shrine." He said and began walking again.

You were now in Inazuma grounds, once again.

His long strides were hard to keep up a bit as he slowly sped up his walking. From where you two were, you could see the shrine sitting a top the big mountain from afar.

It was nerve racking to be in Inazuma that, you didn't even notice you were until Dain mentioned the shrine.

It took a few more hours to get near the mountain and almost half an hour to get to the top. There were shrine maidens walking around, one of them greeted you two but the man continued walking— you apologized to the girl.

You followed and saw the fox tree. It was one of your favorite places to see in Inazuma. A gentle but sophisticated voice called you.

"Huh?" You turned around and was faced with Yae Miko.

She was more beautiful in person from the way people described her. Your ears were much alike with hers except for the color.

"Y/N, it's been a while since I've seen you." She looked between you and Dainsleif, then back at you.

"We've met before?"

"Yes." She nods, looking you up and down. Her features softened up.

"When? This the first I've seen you..." your brows furrowed as you watched her. She motions you to follow her.

She led you two inside the shrine, going inside a small room. She left for a moment before coming back in with cups of tea, handing you and Dainsleif one.

"As you can already guess, we look the same and we definitely are related. From your mothers side." She nodded, folding her hands over the table.

You talked, getting to know each other. Apparently your parents were in a forced marriage despite your mother being younger than your father.

Yae didn't like that and tried to stop her sister (your mother) from marrying into the family. Your fathers side was very wealthy and wanted him to marry a young, beautiful girl.

They knew your mother had very special genes in her, hence why she was chosen to be with your father.

A huge argument exploded and if Yae continued to object your mother from marrying, she would've been dead and you wouldn't have even existed.

It was a lot to take in. You didn't know the dark secrets of your parents from back then.

After everything and the whole forced marriage (almost much like yours) they had you two years after. Yae continued explaining and said that your father was horrible to your mother.

"It was a very, difficult time back then. I would always ask the people to let me stay with your mother because... whenever she came home sometimes, she'd have bruises on her skin.."

Her eyes closed as she took in a deep breath. When she opened them her eyes were distant.

"Even when you were born, he was still very abusive towards her. He was inches away from hitting you when I slapped him hard. You were left untouched." She quietly talked, looking down at her hands.