[23] Emotions

"There's no need to talk to talk about it. I already knew."

You stood there still as Dainsleif opened the door more, walking inside and closing the door behind him. You couldn't tell if he was mad or upset.

He noticed Ayato and he slipped by you guys and left the room—giving space to you guys for a talk.

"Dainsleif—"

"Y/N, it's.. okay really. I've known for a while about you guys. I am a little hurt, that much I will say but you deserve to be happy after everything that's happened."

Dainsleif wore his usual stoic face and serious voice, but there was a hint of the hurt he had told you.

Your eyes were scanning his features and noticing his eyes—even if the one with the masked side was hard to identify that there was...emotions behind them.

He cares about you, deeply and will want anything that will keep you safe and sound from any harm in the world. His eyes tell how he feels, how he looks at you with a certain love just for you.

You had been with him since you've arrived at the Kujou's clan. And he was always there even if there were some.. mistakes at times, you two would be connected always.

"I don't know what to say... I feel like I've caused a lot for you." You gulped, reaching out for his shirt.

He looked down a little and his face changed, there was the man that let his emotions slip through his stoic and hard facade. You continued,

"I am always going to stay by you, through everything like when first met. You're my soulmate, Dain. There's something that me and you have that I don't have with Thoma, but.."

"He's the one you want. I know." He pulls you away from him gently, giving you a warm, sweet smile that you haven't seen in so long. "I'm really okay with it, don't worry about me."

You continued looking at him sincerely, your eyes blurry from the tears occupying your sight. You ran into him and wrapped your arms tightly around him, sniffling.

Dainsleif was stunned but he relaxed and put both his hands down, rubbing your back in slow circles. He tells you that you should go after him and he will still always, will be, by your side.

Your face was slightly flushed from quietly crying into his chest, but you smiled at him—kissing his cheek when you pulled him down a little.

"Thank you... Dainsleif."

With that, you didn't realize your hand was holding his but slipped through his grasp when you walked away—leaving him in the room.

___

That was probably the hardest thing you've done over the past couple of months.

You found yourself right outside the Komore Teahouse and walked right in. You glanced around and spotted Taroumaru, the shiba and greeted them.

While you were fixated on the shiba, Thoma was around the corner and stopped when he saw you—leaning against the wall, admiring you.

"Hey there stranger! Busy messing with Taroumaru? Wanna have a meal with me?" He calls out to you, watching you flinch when he spoke.

"Sure! I'm pretty hungry and the food here is really good." You accepted his offer and followed him to the room he was just in.

The two of you sat down across from each other and then Thoma, ordered a big feast. You furrowed your brows looking at him confused, "why a big feast? Are we celebrating?"

He laughs and leans over the table, "isn't it obvious? It's for kicking him out of Inazuma and straight to the big house. Sorry, that may be much, but I know thing's should be good now that the clan is gone too."

"No worries, honestly I am just has happy as anyone else about the news from earlier. Just want to focus on other things now." You grinned and tapped your finger against the table as you waited for the food.

Few minutes later, a big platter of food was placed between you two and you started digging in—not waiting for Thoma.

He laughs at you and started picking out his favorite foods, giving you some on the plate next to you.

The blonde then added more food to the order and a round of drinks. Spicy tonkatsu was in order and the both of you had a challenge to finish a bowl without drinking water—which you won.

"Okay calm down, you won already!" Thoma rolled his eyes as he looked at you downing the spicy broth.

"Can't help it, I haven't had anything spicy in so longgg." You drawled out as you tilted your head to the side—drink in hand as you took a sip of Dandelion Wine (saved by Thoma, of course.)

With the food and with little wine in your system, both of you were laughing loudly. Jokes about when you two, had met an old friend who would come over sometimes and bring Onikabuto beetles to fight.

Or the time when you were at the beach and Thoma was out swimming by himself and you were building a sandcastle. Couple minutes later, you looked up to see Thoma frantically looking for his swim shorts.

He had lost his swimming trunks and they were floating on top of the water—laughing at him when his face turned red when you found them first.

The old memories were fun to bring up and with all the talking, you didn't realize that Thoma had went around the table to sit down next to you, very close.

An arm was draped over your shoulders as he pulled you in close, laughing hysterically over the beach memory. "That was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life!" He was holding his stomach from all the laughing.

"That was on you! Your skinny ass didn't even fit your swim shorts." You pointed out crying from the laughter that rose up inside you, once again.

"I was a scrawny kid DONT blame me," Thoma rolled his eyes and looked at you from the corner of his eyes, "besides, I'm not that skinny like I was before.." he said under his breath, averting his eyes.

You quirked a brow and turned to face him, "what'd you say? Scrawny boy?" You teased, a smirk appearing on your face as he scooted from you.

"Quit that. I'm not scrawny anymore y/n."

"Oh yeah? You gonna do something about it if I continue calling you that?" You continued your teasing, leaning yourself to get in close with him.

Thoma turned to face you as you were getting close to him—gulping down as he looked at you, "go ahead, see what happens." The blonde shrugs closing his eyes, leaning back on his elbows.

You inched your way closer and stopped right where his feet were. The gaze he had on you was of yearning...and patience. "Finally done with your games?" He spoke as you were now still.

"Maybe..." It was your turn to shrug as you both stared at each other, with the same expression.

He sat up and leaned forward, faces inches away as he spoke very quietly. He brought a hand up to your chin, firmly touching it—lips nearly touching.

"I don't think so. We're just getting started."

___

i just wanna say that y/n & dainsleif have that platonic twin flame/soulmate??? kind of vibe 😭

but THEYRE ALL ABOUT THOMA THOUGH.. where we'll see something spicy soon 👀