T H R E E

𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝕾𝖜𝖆𝖓
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
* * *

ADAM WAS STARTING TO THINK SUNNY WAS SECRETLY A MURDERER.

He was driving them to a place he didn't know. Well, he knew it was somewhere in Brooklyn considering how they've crossed Brooklyn Bridge, but they weren't in an area familiar to him.

The only times he has been in there, he went to Brooklyn Heights, Downtown Brooklyn, Williamsburg and Broadway Triangle.

He tried interrogating her on where they were going, but she was too busy giving directions and he was too busy following them.

When they've reached Columbia Street, Sunny told Adam to park, and he obliged. She got out of the car, and started walking. The man sat there confused for a second before following her hurriedly down the street.

"Where are we?" He managed to ask after catching up with her.

"Red Hook." She replied simply.

"Why are we here?"

"To see someone who can help us." And then from afar he could make out what they were walking towards.

A twelve stories tall abandoned building stood before them, an eerie feeling emanating from it.

She was definitely a killer. Was that where she was going to kill him? In a huge abandoned building nobody in their right state of mind would explore? He was screwed.

"Don't tell me we're going in there." He said once they were actually in front of it, a part of him hoping she wasn't a psychopath. The walls hovering over him were really freaking him out.

"Okay, I won't tell you." She shrugged, and continued walking, yet stopping when she noticed he wasn't following anymore. She turned and saw his nervous expression. "You don't have to come if you don't want to. I'll be back soon."

Then she entered the place without hesitation. Alone. Adam's jaw was on the floor. Did nothing scare her? Or did she go there way too often to get scared?

After another minute of him hesitating, he rushed inside, deciding to man up and not leave the lady alone.

"Ms Marsh?" He called loudly, looking for her figure, but only hearing the echo of her footsteps.

"Upstairs!" She replied and he ran in the direction of her voice.

He ended up seeing her going up the stairs and huffed at the amount of stairs between them, deciding that he knew where she was and it was enough.

When reaching the eleventh floor, she went through a hallway and waited in front of a specific door for Adam to get there. Once they were both facing the metallic door, she knocked on it three times, a beat, then again four times.

There was some rummaging behind the door and it opened to a smiling young man.

"Noona! Hi!" He exclaimed.

(*a/n: "noona" is a Korean word that males use to address older women they're close to- can be a sister, a girlfriend, or a friend.)

"Hey Zippy." She greeted him, ruffling his hair and entering the room.

At that moment the guy noticed Adam and frowned. "Uh... Hi?"

"Hello." He nodded.

There was a moment of silence where the two just stared at each other.

Sunny walked back to them, groaning. "You two are suddenly shy now?" She turned to the youngest of the group. "That's Adam, my client. And Adam, meet Jesse, my brother."

"Brother?"

"Client?" They exclaimed simultaneously. "I thought you didn't do that anymore?"

"Yeah, well, I'm giving it another shot. We need your help."

They all entered the room, closing the door behind them. Delaney noticed how the interior was oddly modern compared to the rest of the abandoned place. Was that legal? Probably not, but it wasn't like he would say anything about it.

Three computers were sitting on a big desk and two other screens were on the wall. Shelves covered with filled folders, a couch and a small refrigerator. He could tell Jesse spent a lot of time in that place, maybe even lived in there. And the interior was very different from Sunny's apartment.

"Okay Prez, what do we have?" Jesse questioned his sister, sitting on his chair as she leaned on the table by his side.

"Absolutely nothing."

"New shot and you're going from scratch? That's unlike you." The younger Marsh raised an eyebrow.

She shrugged. "There's a lot of money at stake."

"Now, that's more like you." Jesse snickered as she smacked his arm.

"Justin Delaney, 23rd February. Get me everything you can. Follow his every step." She instructed then signalled Adam to tell her brother his address.

While Jesse was typing away on his keyboards, Sunny walked closer to Adam.

"He's a hacker." He realised.

"Took you long enough." She smirked.

"You two seem close." The man pointed out.

"I guess." She said, smiling, as she watched the youngest member of her family.

* * *

I'm busy, because of well, you know, what comes by the end of the summer. This is the only story I can write quickly because it doesn't need me to do a lot of research or to read any scripts. I'll update my other stories soon.