Let Me Under Your Skin

Eat me up, swallow me alive

Open your enormous maw and let me dive

Dive into your soul, swallow me whole

Let us collide and we will never be alone

____

They first met in the dead of night, sensing one another but not truly spotting each other at first.

Wen Kexing was not necessarily hiding, per se, but he liked the advantage of staying high up in a tree where being seen was unlikely. The night was his home, it embraced him like a lover so tenderly, and welcomed him within its dark depths. The moon shone high up, away from Wen Kexing, and illuminated the walkway enough for one lone figure to be made out.

Wen Kexing's eyes have always been well, he can see in the night as if though it were day. That doesn't mean that he is going to make an effort to look at the lone figure clearly, though. Wen Kexing could really care less over who it may be.

He smells human, of sweat skin, jasmine flowers, sandalwood, and warm flesh. He has a pulse, his heart beats steadily in Wen Kexing's ear and his breaths are quiet but come out in even takes. He's dressed in a feudal uniform, of black and navy blue, a flowing cape that has Wen Kexing snorted at the dramatics. 

Wen Kexing knows very well about dramatic.

The sound Wen Kexing makes is not too loud, should not be caught by the normal human hearing, and yet Wen Kexing notices the subtle falter in the lone figure's steps. He notices the slight spike in his heartbeat. He can sense the shift from passive to alert. He can spy the slight tension in his shoulders.

Wen Kexing has been noticed.

That's funny. Very funny, actually. And so very very curious.

A sharp human? So in tune with his senses that he was able to make out just that simple noise? Probably one of those Martial Artists then. That was a strange concept; Martial Artists. People that could channel a strange living energy within their body called Qi and use it to help with hand to hand and weapon combat.

Wen Kexing wouldn't be able to do that - he's not exactly... well... living. He's not technically dead either. Sure, there's no heartbeat and no circulating blood either - not unless he's well-fed and even then the blood only stays within his system for a like a week, then he'll have to feed again lest he looks like the literal undead.

Drinking blood was the only thing that made Wen Kexing appear more human. It brings a glow of life to his pale skin, going from corpse pale to gently kissed by the sun. It takes the shadows around his eyes away and brings a twinkling shine of hazel brown color to his otherwise grey eyes.

Wen Kexing remembers an incident when he had first awakened after so many centuries, a child had thought him blind because of his grey eyes. He ended up killing that child - and his parents - draining them of their essence. Brown eyes did not get him mistaken again.

How funny.

Humans were so strange now. Wen Kexing is still surprised over the extent of how fragile they could be and yet, he has seen Martial Artists that may actually pose a threat. Like that Sword Immortal he heard about - a human cultivating to immortality and staying fully alive.