After Story Notes

Zhou Zishu - Timeline

🔹18 - meets Wen Kexing
🔹25 - meets Wen Kexing /again/
🔹30 - meets Wen Kexing /again/
🔹Nearly 5 centuries later - meets Wen Kexing /again/

▪️Zhou Zishu does like Zhen Yan, but it's not to the extent of how he feels for Wen Kexing. Zhen Yan is his shidi and he'll always want to protect him like he promised when they were kids, but Wen Kexing and he have a certain spark that he can't deny. Zhou Zishu likes Zhen Yan but he's in love with Wen Kexing. He sucks with expressing properly, which is why he doesn't really mind if Wen Kexing drinks his blood to see for himself. 

▪️Zhou Zishu was in a state of panic when Wen Kexing left and did not return. Zhen Yan was barely able to keep him together.

▪️Zhen Yan hated that the one person from his past that he cares cannot seem to return the love he feels to the same extent. He does not like that Wen Kexing, who looks so much like him with slight differences (Zhen Yan is more on the tall, handsome type whereas Wen Kexing is more on the delicate beauty type) was able to capture Zhou Zishu's heart first.

▪️Follows canon where Zhen Yan and Zhou Zishu do that Cultivation thing. Except in this, Zhen Yan actually died and doesn't come back to life. Zhou Zishu was horrified when he opened his eyes, and the silver hair had made him especially emotional. It felt like he lost the same person twice and it made him feel incredibly vulnerable. He only managed to pull himself together when Zhang Chengling visited with Lord Seventh and Wu Xi. 

▪️Zhou Zishu found ancient scrolls in the armory on what Wen Kexing could be as well as other mystical creatures that were said to exist. He greedily reads all that information up. 

▪️Zhou Zishu lives in the mountain, feeling neither alive nor dead, until one day he sensed a presence nearby followed by many others. He goes to see the commotion and finds Wen Kexing - he is immediately overjoyed and full of hope as well as slight fear over what Wen Kexing may say.

▪️Wen Kexing's sister was reincarnated as Gu Xiang. He doesn't remember his past, just that he had a sister. He can very vaguely recall her face bit not enough to be able to point her out in a crowd. It's why he wasn't very suspicious when he saw Gu Xiang. 

▪️Zhen Yan is a descendant of Wen Kexing, his bloodline could be traced back to Wen Kexing's sister. 

▪️ Differences between Wen Kexing and Zhen Yan - appearance-wise. Zhen Yan is 4 inches taller than Wen Kexing, who is only an inch and a half taller than Zhou Zishu. Wen Kexing is less broad on the shoulders, and thinner because of his restricted diet as well as lack of muscles from no Martial Arts training. Wen Kexing's hair is just barely touching his shoulders silver locks brushing against them, framing his face lightly - it's always down, Wen Kexing hates hair accessories on himself. Zhen Yan's hair is dark brown, long to his almost waist-length, having never been cut before. It falls like dark waterfalls down his back, with half of his pulled up into a knot, pinned by a singular jade hairpin, two short and thin strands framing his face. Wen Kexing's eyes are a haunting grey when in his natural state, lively hazel when he's freshly fed. Zhen Yan's eyes are dark, dark brown - like entering a void with no escape plan.