"Jimin is the mystery guy"

Namjoon's POV

That was an awkward phone call. It felt like Jimin was interrogating me for information. I hope I have not made a mistake by telling him about us being here.
Wait a minute!! Y/N has been upset and crying, what if it somehow relates to Jimin? I have to tell her about this.

I immediately went out of my room and knocked at her door.

"Hey Joon. Come inside.", She smilingly opened the door. "I was about to call you. Should we have dinner together?"

"Yeah, cool.", I entered her room. "Y/n, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?", She said, with her eyes on the food menu in her hand.

I mustered up the courage and finally spoke up, "Jimin called."

She looked up at me, and put down the menu.

"He was asking about you and where you were. I didn't mean to tell him but he was saying that you are not reachable and I didn't think it's a big deal, so I told him we are here.", I continued. "I just wanted to tell you and make sure I have not made a mistake. I didn't mean to. Its not my place to divulge your location to him, but I thought he is a good friend of yours so it shouldn't be an issue."

"Uhh.. it's fine.", she just sighed.

"Oh my god! You are dating him, aren't you?
Oh!! And you guys had a fight and that's why you have been so upset. And because of THAT, you were not picking his calls up. Arghhhh!! and I went ahead and told him about you being in USA.", Facepalming myself, I continued my rant, "All the pieces are falling in place. JIMIN is the mystery guy you were dating.Ah!! I should have known."

And as soon as I completed that sentence, she burst out laughing, and I looked at her completely dumbfounded.

"Jimin? Where did you even get this idea? Hahahah.. I am not dating Jimin. You have got it all wrong", She laughed more.

I, internally, let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness she is not dating Jimin. That guy is an Adonis reincarnate.

"If you are not dating that gorgeous specimen of a human, then who are you dating? And what is going on? I can't see you sad any longer. Please tell me what's happening."

She looked down at her lap, and fiddled with her fingers, and then looked up at me. Her face softened, and her gaze was that of a troubled person.

"Joon, can I trust you?", She asked and looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"Ofcourse you can. Why is that even a question? Y/n, you are one of my dearest friends. I am here for you, no matter what.", I softly said, putting my hand on hers assuringly.

"The man I love is Jeon Jungkook. Umm.. the celebrity?", She cautiously said.

"Doesn't everybody love that guy?", I cluelessly responded.

"Joon, I am DATING him. I am that mystery girl who was spotted with him recently.", She spoke again.

"What?", I froze.

And she summarised everything that happened so far, including the reason of their "break" from the relationship.
I didn't have much to say. I just reassured her that her secret is safe with me and that everything will sort out.

Back in my room, I played with the switch of my bedside lamp and mentally gasped.

Oh god! The guy I was competing with, in my own mind, was JEON JUNGKOOK??

Jungkook's POV

Jimin told me that y/n was in USA for some convention. Just knowing that she was fine and out for work, was enough to calm my worries away.

The next day, half heartedly, I went to dance practice. Hoseok was already there, as always. He was a cutie pie, but when it came to dance, he was the most intimidating person I have ever seen.

We worked on the routine for an hour or so, with small breaks in between. I had a busy day planned out for me. I figured that if I kept myself busy, I will have less time to think about y/n. Else, fighting the strong urge to call her was very difficult.

"You seem down today, Jungkook.", Hoseok patted me on the back when I was resting on the floor.

"Nothing major, Hobi hyung. Just thinking about some pending tasks.", I tried to avoid getting into details.

"You know what would cheer you up? Going on a bicycle ride with me. We can go early in the morning and you can hide yourself behind a mask and cap."

"What about that friend of yours who you always go with?"

"Ahh.. Joon? Well, he is out of country for some work."

"Ok hyung, I will go with you tomorrow.", I agreed.

The next day, I met Hoseok around 5am, completely dressed in a disguise. I usually wear black, so I borrowed Jin's pink hoodie and wore a cap and a mask.

We started cycling, and closely followed Hoseok. The nice weather and the feel of working out made me feel relaxed. It was a refreshing experience. It's been a few days since I genuinely smiled.

We took a break near a park, and just casually chatted around. As I said, outside the practice room, Hoseok is a fun person to hang around with. His smile can put a smile on anyone's face. And spending some time with him, I actually felt a weight being lifted from my heart. I felt good.

***********************************************
Author's note

Stay tuned for the ending chapters!! Don't forget to vote, comment and share the story!! Thanks for reading 💜💜