- 004

↳ [ start of the Union ] ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙

warning: none

"NO!" Eleanor yelled along with the boys. "We're a Union now, the newsboys Union. We have to start acting like a union." Davey explained to jack.

"Even though we ain't got hats or badges, we're a union just by sayin' so! And the world will know!" Jack punched the air, walking around the statue and watching out for ellie so he doesn't kick her.

"What's to stop someone from sellin' out papes?" Boots looked up at the boy. "We'll talk with 'em" he replied.

"Some don't hear so good." Race butt in.

"Well, then we'll soak 'em!" Ellie yelled, getting cheers from all the fellas. "No! We can't beat up kids in the street. It'll give us a bad name!" Davey shook his head and yelled over the boys.

One of the boys in the crowd chucked the handle of a broomstick at jack, him catching it. "What's it gonna take to stop the wagons? Are we ready!?"

"Yeah!"

"What's it gonna take to stop the scabbers? Can we do it?"

"Yeah!"

"We'll do what we gotta do until we break the will of mighty bill and Joe!" Jack broke the handle over his knee, holding both pieces in the air.

"And The World will know!"

Eleanor sat on the ledge, shouting along with them and watching Jack as he climbed up onto the statues knees.

"And the journal too! Mr Hearst and Pulitzer have we got news for you! Now The World will hear what we've gotta say, we've been hawking headlines but we're makin' 'em today. And our ranks will grow"

Crutchy turned to jack and ellie, smiling widely. "And we'll kick their rear!" Jack chuckled softly. "Ain't that right crutchy" ellie nodded at him before smiling up at jack who shot her a cheeky wink.

She rolled her eyes at the gesture, facing the boys again.

"And The World will know that weve been here! Nobody's gonna mess with the newsies!"

Jack jumped down into the crowd, holding his hand out as Eleanor took it and jumped down too.

"When the circulation bell starts ringing, will we hear it?!" Jack yelled as he pushed to the front of the crowd with ellie.