Chapter 1

Addison being 17 in junior year and an average girl unnoticed in the world of her school found high school somewhat enjoyable. She wasn't a school fanatic or anything but the two that got her through every class, every drooling assembly, every single day she faced were her friends Pete and Angela. They were her two closest friends.

Addison was a girl of short stature who shied away quite often putting herself in her books and papers hiding behind a pair of round reading glasses. Her smile made the world a glow and her eyes hazel brown and even more a beauty behind her glasses. Hiding away, no one acknowledged her except for Angela and Pete. She would scribble away to herself in a daze with the constant thoughts of what she would rather be doing in this instance.

Her friend Angela, a more confident and noticed character among the school, was a senior but they were only really a few months apart. Though she was senior year, she loved and adored Addison and didn't think anything of the year difference. They have known each other since they were both in nappies in fact so were their mothers. Angela was a lighter brunette with blue eyes like the sea. It was long, straight, and glossy. Her figure was, however, was taller than Addison which wasn't hard considering Addison was 5 feet and 3 inches. Angela was a decent 5 feet and 7 inches.

As for their beloved Pete he was also in junior year like Addison. He was 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He wasn't an over muscly man, but he did have a decent muscle to him not that Angela and Addison noticed as he was so sensitive and understanding towards them. Not a dick to be exact. He was a light brunette chap that had blue eyes and a smile that was like a child so happy on their birthday. He wore clothing that was seen as popular. Pete could never wear the same outfit twice in fact his knowledge in clothing was surprising he didn't seem the type of person you'd call in a fashion crisis. He never it would be a tragedy. This always made the girls cackle. But when it came to a night out, he would wear colourful and interesting shirts to entertain the girls. He was a bit of a womanizer but so sensitive.

The three would always meet at Addison's locker each morning, or rather Addison would try to get up each morning, walk to school and then find her locker where Pete and Angela would be already waiting. As a junior Addison was taking art, psychology and biology. Art was always just a side something that Addison enjoyed. Well, it was a passion that had to be put aside due to lack of a future. What artist made a living? Psychology was her new passion. And that was what she would strive towards following with university. Her parents would be so proud if she succeeded; well, her mum would. She would have a life if she succeeded.

*

Slam! Addison was startled by the slap of a paper on her desk, "Not great Addison, not great." A psychology paper. It read: 62%. "Fuck," Addison couldn't believe her grades were creeping lower and lower. She needed psychology. How could she be failing? Her teacher marched away as if it wasn't a big deal. Of course, this was a big deal. Mrs. Adams reached the front of the class after handing back the test results, "and so class, I was mostly impressed by your results," emphasizing the mostly giving direct eye contact with Addison. Her heart sunk low and felt the tingle of everyone watching her even though they weren't, "but of course everyone is at their own level." Ouch.

These words were hit hard. Her fingers twiddling and curling the edge of the paper as she waited for her cue to leave. Ring ring! Thank gosh. Colliding her books and sheets of paper together she swiped them off her desk to escape the recent events and to confide in her friends. But before she could reach the door, her one exit, "Addison may I have a word please." So close. Addison stopped in her tracks frustrated, she let out a private huff to herself and turned plastering on a fake smile. "Yes Miss," Addison walked over to Mrs. Adams arranging the papers on her desk.

"Yes, Addison. I am worried about your grades. These next two years are supposed to count a lot towards your university choices which we are telling students to be thinking about this. I know psychology is what you want to pursue but if you carry on like this, I don't think you will have a good chance when you apply next year." This thought couldn't be. If she couldn't do psychology, what else was she supposed to do with her life. "But Miss I want to do psychology at university, what am I supposed to do?" She asked anxiously clutching at her folders, "Is there anything I can do to fix my grade?"