Chapter 3

October 11th 1943
-First mission
——————————-
*Memories*

It was a cold frosty night, the wind howled, the snow fell. Steve, James,
y/n and Peggy were inside having their usual drinks.

Bucky would have a pint of beer, y/n would have a martini, Steve would have a whisky and Peggy would have a cocktail.

As soon as they drank half of their drinks, colonel Philips walks in.

"Captain Rogers!" He shouts across the room making everyone turn to him. He finds steve and walks over to him. "We have another mission. You need to hurry, we need your help."

"I'll be on my way sir"

They all down the rest of their drinks and get their coats. They followed Philips outside to see the car. They got into the back and sat down.

It was really cold making y/n shiver a little. James noticed her.

"Come here" he pulled a soft smile chuckling a little. He took his jacket off and gave it to y/n. She put it on and he pulled her into a tight hug making her warm up a bit more.

"Thank you" y/n looked up at him and smiled before digging her face into his chest.

*30 minutes later*

Philips gets out the car and tells the others to follow him. James helps y/n stand up still holding her tight. They walk into the base and see's everyone doing their jobs. Still following Philips they walk into a room to see Howard stark and Edwin Jarvis standing around a table with a huge map in the centre.

"There you are captain. We have found out where the biggest hydra base is and we need your help to destroy it" Howard walks towards Steve and guides him to show him the map.

"How many are there in total?" Steve asks before taking another look at the map.

"375, but there is only one big one that needs to be destroyed otherwise everyone could be in danger" Stark moves to the left side of the map and points at the place they need to go. "This is where you need to go"

"Germany?" Steve pulls a slight face before brushing it off.

"Jarvis has also found out that Armin Zola will be on a train tomorrow taking the serums they have stolen to another hydra base"

"When will we be going"

"When you have figured out a plan" Howard shrugs his shoulders.

"Give me about an hour. I need to talk to my team to see what we could do"  Steve nods.

Howard, Philips and Jarvis all walk.

"So anyone have any ideas?" Steve places his palms on the table and leans forward.

"I was thinking since Zola is going to be on the train that is near the zip line we used to go as kids maybe we could take that, jump on the train, somehow get in and kill Zola?" Bucky mentions. "Well that's if the zip line is still there"

"I think that is our best bet for this mission"

"I think it's a great idea" y/n smiled at Bucky.

"Hey! What have I told you too huh?" Steve laughs.

"Oh shut up Steve. James is my best friend I don't see him like that" she chuckled.

"We'll get some rest and we can plan more tomorrow" Steve takes Peggy's hand and into their room.

James and y/n follow but go into their room next door. They both get changed and get into bed. Soon enough they both fall asleep.