Chapter 4

October 12th 1943
-First mission
——————————-
*Memories*

It was a cold and frosty morning when Steve walked into y/n and James' room. He wakes them both up and tells them to get ready. They both get changed and meet everyone in the mission room.

"There you are" Steve sighed.

"Oh shut up we weren't that long" y/n stands next to Steve.

Steve continues. "As I was saying Bucky has made a great plan for us to use the old zip line we used when we were kids to land onto the train" he points to it. "We need to bring some others since we don't know how many people could attack us"

"I have a few others that would be good for the job" Phillips adds to the conversation. "We have a few I'll call them in Timothy Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jim Morita, Union Jack, Jacques Dernier" he calls out a few names when 5 men walk in the room.

"Thank you sir" Steve nods his head and Philips walks out the room.

"What is the mission captain?" Timothy asks Steve.

"We need to destroy a hydra base before they kill anyone else" Steve answers timothy.

"Right so when will be be going"

"In the next hour, we need to collect our weapons first" Steve continues "we also need to find out how many other soldiers are there"

Philips walks back in with a few guns in his hand and stark next to him.

"Captain, I want you to choose your weapon" Howard nods.

He starts to walk out when Steve follows him. They walk past a lot of people Steve had never seen before.

"Here are yours. They are made of vibranium the strongest metal on this universe. There are a few options but you can chose what one you would like" Howard walks around a table with 5 different weapons on the table.

Steve looks around but trips over something on the bottom shelf. It caught his eye straight away. He lifted it up to see what was a shield painted red white and blue.

"Why isn't this on the table? It's pretty good and balanced well." Steve slips it on his arm and holds it in front of his chest.

"Oh that's just some scrap idea, it wasn't that good so we made some totally different things instead." Howard explains.

"I like it. It would be handy"

"Well I mean if you insist" stark shrugs. "what colours would you want it to be painted like?"

"i like it how it is, i think it's perfect" steve takes it off his arm and looks at the colours.

"okay, we'll your suit is over here" howard walks into the room next door to show the suit. he stops at the door and waits for steve. "right this way"

he opens the door and walks in with steve following. they see a red white and blue suit inside some glass.

"wow, it's perfect" steve gets closer to look at it. "the colours match with the shield"

"well that's what we were going to do, they would be matching but it never worked out i guess it did now" stark continues. "right you should suit up and make ur way to the jet before it takes off"

"your right, thank you" steve nods and smiles.

*2 hours*

Y/n, Bucky, Steve and a few others were on top of the hill at the end of the zip line they used as kids.

"when is it coming?" y/n asks steve.

"it should be here any time soon" as soon as steve had finished his sentence the train they were looking for came right around the corner.

"bingo, get ready steve your first" bucky moves out the way so steve can get on the zip line.

steve gets a hold of the line and hangs on still touching the floor.

"tell me when!" steve shouts timothy.

"NOW!" timothy shouts 2 seconds later.

steve jumps of the edge of the mountain and slide down the line. he lands on the train and signals for y/n and bucky to follow.

"you go first!" bucky shouts over the loud honk that the train makes.

she gets the belt and clips it onto the line. bucky gives her a little push and waits for her to get onto the train. he follows after.

"quick i found him!" steve shouts as he looks down the hole he made in the top of the train. y/n and bucky follow him down.

"it's really quiet... too quiet" y/n looks around to see a blue light run through the air and hitting steve's shield. his back hits a few boxes knocking them down.

"take cover!" steve shouts.

bucky takes the gun from his right pocket. he shoots down the hall where the light came from and hides behind the boxes next to y/n.

suddenly a bomb hits the side of the train knocking bucky out the hole it made.

"BUCKY!!" y/n and steve shout at the same time.

y/n runs to the side of the train and calls bucky's name out again. she looks to her right and sees him hanging on the handle of the door.

"STEVE! I NEED HELP GETTING BUCKY HURRY!!" steve runs over. he stands on the side of the train and streaches his arm as far as he can.

"GRAB MY HAND BUCK!" bucky lets his right arm go still holding on for his life with his left and reaches out to brush steve's finger. he could barley reach.

*BOOM*

another bomb hit the side of the train where bucky is hanging from. the handle breaks. he falls off.

"NO!! BUCKY!!" steve yells trying his hardest to not cry.

he gets back onto the train and sees
y/n with a single tear forming from her left eye.

"it's okay..." he walks over to her and stretches her arms out for a hug.

Y/n hugs him. "he's all i had" she breaks down into his arms making steve hold her tighter.

"i know..." he whispers.