chapter twenty-two

Pretending like I haven't been the one on Minho's ass getting him to do things for the past week to our friends has been extremely difficult. From helping him get out of bed each morning, to showering, to getting him to and from work, I've spent almost every waking moment with him and honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way. All this while managing to maintain the persona that him and I wanted nothing to do with one another.

I don't think he knows how actually attached I am to him. I'd never do this for anyone else.

We both made an agreement to not tell anyone that we'd become acquainted again. I even went so far as to tell Chan that even though I was fine being left alone with Minho when he'd attempted suicide, it wasn't indicative of any kind of friendship.

Oh, what a lie that was..

As for coming back to work, I had both Seungmin and Changbin under the impression that I wasn't fully decided on what I wanted to do yet. I figured showing up out of nowhere would require less explanation than a consistent dialogue, so that's what I stuck with. Minho came back to work after three days, but to say he didn't confuse the two of them by his ability to "bounce back" (aka me pulling all the strings) would be the understatement of the year.

For me, this is a new beginning. A new leaf, if you will. Perhaps I've just allowed myself to divulge in my obsession more so than I did prior to the events of the last week, but I really don't think there's anything wrong with me being concerned for his safety, he's mine.

...Even if he doesn't know it.

That definitely wasn't creepy, Han.

Anyways..

The plan for this morning was this - I drive Minho and I to work, I wait in his car for twenty minutes to pretend like totally didn't come together, then I come in with a distraction.

Here's how that went.

"You just couldn't stay away, huh?"

"Pay's too good," I lied, shrugging and setting down a coffee on both him and Changbin's desks.

"And you come bearing gifts?" Seungmin laughed in excitement. "Oh, Han, my sweet baby boy, you're too kind."

"I know, right?" I said sarcastically, taking a sip of the coffee I'd grabbed for myself. "Hey, do you guys know if Mr. Lee's here yet?"

"Yeah, he came in like a half hour ago," Changbin said offhandedly, paying more attention to his laptop than to the conversation. "Thanks for the coffee, BT dubs."

"It's the least I can do for quitting on the fly like that," I said to him.

"Let's be clear here before this conversation continues, you were completely justified in quitting and if my soul wasn't bound to this company, I would've done it a long time ago," Seungmin chuckled to himself. "Signing a contract to Minho is like making a deal with the Devil."

"That's true," Changbin said, pointing a finger in the air.

"Wait, so are you guys happy to see me or not?" I chuckled nervously.

"Of course we're happy to see you, I just wish you would've stayed gone for your own sake," Seungmin said to me sympathetically. "I love you and that's why I'm saying this."

"That feels very backhanded, but alright," I chuckled, leaning against his desk.

I'm playing this off so well.

Feeling eyes on me from behind, I turned around and saw Minho stood in the doorway with a stern expression on his face.

Oh, this is going to be fun.

Let's see how creative you can be.

"Han, you've decided to grace us with your presence. You're late, by the way," Minho rolled his eyes, ruffling a hand through his hair. "Do you mind?"

I pouted at Seungmin and Changbin, "Bye babies."

I followed Minho out of their office and into his. He shut the door behind him and broke the facade with a smile, "Was that good? Did I do alright?"

I burst into laughter, "You did great. Just keep it like that for another two weeks, ease up, and then we'll be in the clear when the group links up. Nobody will remember a thing."

"You know how much I love you, right?" Minho joked to me, handing me stack of journals. "Diaries. Do your thing."

"I'm your fucking savior," I laughed, grabbing the stack out of his hand. I set it down on his desk and opened my satchel, searching around for a moment before finding what I was looking for, "Here, your planner's organized for the next two weeks."

"I didn't even ask for this," Minho laughed, taking it out of my hand and inspecting it closely. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Die, probably," I teased him. "I should tell you that there's a catch, though."

Minho chuckled to himself, setting the planner down on his desk, "I saw that coming from a mile away. What's up?"

"I scheduled you with a therapist," I said to him. "And before you start asking questions, I already covered all of my bases. Discreet meetings in your home on your own terms, a highly recommended professional, and whatever else you may be thinking - I already thought of it."

"You're almost too good at your job and it's beginning to scare me," Minho said. "You know, you don't have to do all of this for me."

"What, you don't enjoy my company?" I asked him sarcastically. "I'm basically your best friend now - and your personal assistant, your caretaker, your babysitter-,"

Minho cut me off, "Yeah, yeah. We get it. I'm unstable and you care about me way more than I thought you did, yeah yeah yeah."

I kissed his cheek, then grabbing my things from his desk, "I'm going to my office to work on these, let me know if you need me."

"Oh, I will."