chapter forty-three

cw:
nsfw mention

"I don't know what's worse. The fact that they decided to stay for three more days or the fact that we have to do this again next weekend with your family," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, it's not so bad. You got the chance to reconnect with them, isn't that nice?" Minho asked me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and squeezing. "Just because things didn't go the way we expected doesn't mean it was a bad visit, right?"

I looked dead at him, "Don't give me that forced positivity shit right now, that's the exact opposite of what I need."

"There is no manual on how to be normal for people like us. If you're not feeling what you think you're supposed to be feeling, you can tell me that. Just know that there is nothing that I expect from you. You don't need my approval. Speak your mind."

"Having them around reminded me of that time you told me about how you chose me as your family and I realized that you're right. You can choose your family and I choose you." I pressed my forehead to his, "I don't care how clingy or co-dependent this sounds but you're all that I need."

Minho kissed my cheek, "Han, I love you more than I've ever loved anything or anyone, I need you too. You are like the oxygen that I breathe, my reason for living; I don't know what I'd do without you. I don't care about what it looks like to other people. Yes, we're messy and a bit toxic at times but we're us. We're not perfect but we make it work because we're meant to be."

"You always know just what to say," I said, leaning into him. "It's almost suspicious."

"Maybe I do, but that doesn't make what I'm saying any less genuine," Minho paused. "Hey, speaking of that word, I've been meaning to tell you something."

"Yeah? What's up?"

"You know how I originally asked you to stay with me because of my stalker?" Minho asked me.

"Yeah, I do."

Like it was yesterday, my love.

"The good news here is that ever since you've been here, it's mostly started to clear up. Bad news is that Chan's even more suspicious than he was before. He thinks that you're my stalker and the fact that the stalker calmed down after you started staying here is indicative of that quote unquote fact."

How would an innocent person react to hearing a false accusation like this?

I burst into laughter, "God, I knew he was going to say that. Regardless of whether or not all of this is his doing, I could see that shit coming from a mile away."

"We need a plan for if Chan retaliates. Some kind of signal we can give if something goes wrong. Something we can use to indicate that we should follow their lead in case of a..bad situation," Minho suggested. "Do you have anything in mind?"

I thought to myself for a moment before sticking my hand in the air and crossing my index and middle fingers, "This."

"Okay, sounds good," Minho said with a slight nod. "I don't like where any of this is going."

"I don't either. I have a feeling all of this is going to blow up in our faces," I said. "I know we're both hiding shit from each other that we aren't ready to say yet, something's gonna go wrong. I can feel it."

"What matters is that we're going to get through it together. Even if we aren't ready for the conversation yet, we know what the outcome will be and that's what's most important," Minho said to me.

"You say that now but I feel you'll end up changing your mind when you know what it is I have to say."

"I could say the same thing to you, but nothing could change the way I feel about you. Nothing. I will never let anything happen to us."