Waltz of the Abyss: Act I

Mafia: a game where the killers have to eliminate the villagers to win. In order for the opposing side to gain the victory, they must find the Mafia within the span of 10 days.

There are 3 main roles: The killer, tasked to eliminate the villagers. To win they must as least be equal with the amount of villagers remaining [(2:2) or lower] . The detective, tasked on gathering clues to find out who the killers are. They are the powerhouse of the villager team as they gather the clues and inform all the others. If the detective dies, there will be no other. The sheriff, who can kill someone as they please. Tasked as the security force of the villager team, they team up with the detective to find the killers. If the sheriff were to die, the weapon they were holding will drop and can be taken by other members of the team.

The members of the Villager and Mafia teams can betray their team members on their will, as it is not against the rules. Which makes the game much harder than it should be.

Today, I woke up in a game arena against my will. They told me I was the detective, and that I should beware.

The games are just about to start.

-

"Historia, come on we need to go." Vivienne tries as she exclaims for me to follow her. How could she not see how Im too focused on the body in front of me?

"I'm sorry, I have to check some more things. You can go on first."

After saying that, Vivienne left me alone to look for more clues. She trusted me too easily, if I were her I wouldn't have teamed up with someone I didn't know. But of course, I'm not the killer. I've been tasked to play as the detective, to find clues and get the Mafia before the deadline. Every night the game masters send me clues on to who the killer is.

I got to know Vivienne as she was the first one to approach me. I'm sure she is part of the villager team. I'm smart enough to know that, if not, we don't talk about it (/j). She has been very kind to me, and lending her hand whenever I need her help. The other players? I don't know them well. I only know their names, and I know they shouldn't be trusted.

Now I'm looking at the body in front of me, the game masters told us that the killers have already started their jobs. The body before me is of a girl my age, she has purple hair and has a petit figure. She was killed in a more basic style, with a knife to her chest. I could check the fingerprints, but I need superglue and tape for that,which I know they wouldn't prepare because it is too convinent.

Just then, someone tapped my back.

"Hey, what are you doing?" a boy with black hair said. He looked alright, he also has the same clothing style as me which I thought I'd never see in a game like this.

"I'm examining the body be-" I was cut off, he was too enthusiastic. "OH! So you're the detective? You'll carry us to victory right?" he exclaimed.

"I'm not the detective, I'm just examining the body because the detective is slacking off." I said in a joking way. Of course, I am the detective, but I can't risk saying it with people who I don't know and trust.

"ohh well then miss detective. I'm Cecile, lets be friends." he extended his hand in front of me. I took it and shaked his.

"Historia, glad to be of your acquaintance." I responded. Of course, I'm not going to trust so easily, we've only met for like 5 minutes. But I know that the more allies, the easier it is to win this game.

-

11/12