Chapter 12 - USJ Ongoing Colflict

Third Person POV

The two have been walking for a few minutes now and luckily they have not encountered any more villains along their path, by the looks of it they were more concentrated around the area of teleportation.

King: "You see anything?" He asks, looking around and staying alert.

Mina: "No, so far no other villains"

King: "Hm, I'm sure the peace won't last too long"

Mina: "Well we can just hope- hold on I think I see the end of the forest" she exclaimed, hurriedly picking up the pace.

King followed suit, speeding up after her towards the edge of the forest he soon also saw.

Upon exiting the tree line they'd see that they were in a clearing that separated the forest and the ruined city zone.

King: "Well there's the city zone, now if we follow the border between the two sections we can locate the center fountain and then the entrance from there, hopefully, we'll find our teachers or other classmates from there"

Mina nodded in response and they both started to follow the border.

They did so for quite a while now, and they had yet to encounter more villains, yet they both had a sense of uneasiness as there was an eerie feeling in the air, something more sinister was at play and they were headed straight for it.

King's POV

We've been walking for a few minutes now and I couldn't shake off this odd feeling. Something is going down and I know it's not good. But even knowing this I put that feeling aside for now as we arrive at a piece of a fallen building.

King: "We're getting close, I'm sure the fountain should be just around this fallen debris"

I begin to walk around to get a better look at the other side and Mina who was close behind runs to get a peek too. The first thing we would notice was more thugs around the area along with a purple portal.

Mina: "Hey, that definitely belongs to the guy that scattered us throughout the U.S.J.!"

King: "Well I guess that's how the villains got in here," I think out loud as I pan over the rest of the field, "But low-level thugs wouldn't do something like this... there has to be someone who orchestrating thi-"

Suddenly my gaze came to a halt as I saw it. I wasn't exactly sure what it was even if it was human, but it was a tall hulking figure with an exposed brain and what seemed to be a beak.

This thing was holding down our teacher, bending and twisting his arm in ways they shouldn't.

All the while, a sinister grin was plastered on its face, though even with that expression there was no emotion, its eyes were blank and non-calculating....whatever it was it wasn't natural.

Standing beside it was a man with dark clothes and what looked like severed hands on his face and arms being used to form his costume. His focus seemed to be directed towards the lake, of what exactly? I couldn't see from my angle but if anyone was the evil ringleader, it was him.

Mina: "What?! What do you see?"

Mina followed my line of sight and brought her hands up to her mouth with a gasp.

Mina: "W-what is that thing...!"

"I...don't know, but right now we need to-" A wave of unease washed over me as my eyes locked with that of the hulking creature but it didn't really react to me.

Slowly I rose my chastifol to my side aiming it directly at whatever this 'thing' was, about to strike but nothing happened, I just froze, its gaze was piercing but yet it did not speak or even move from its position.