Chapter 2

-Louis' POV-

“Well, there you go, love.” I smiled and patted my hands together to get off the dry mud that had been on her cables. “All good.”

“Thanks, Louis. And Eleanor, right?”She asked.

“Yeah,” Eleanor wrapped her arms tightly around my waist, and I placed my arm around her shoulder. “You?”

“Her name is Rebecca.” I said quickly.

I wonder if I could get her number. She seems like a great girl. I felt Eleanor’s head shift up quickly towards me and back down just as fast. I avoided eye contact, as I knew I would get scolded about this once the doors of our car closed.

“It’s nice to meet you, Rebecca.”

Aw, little El is getting jealous. Her arms wrapped tighter and I could feel my breathing being a little constricted.

“You too. Um, thanks for the jump and... I’ll see you around?” Rebecca hesitated.

Why was she being so cautious all of the sudden? That kind of stung.

“Sure, love. See you around.” I said softly. I wasn’t smiling anymore and nor was she. I guided Eleanor back to the car and got her settled in on the passenger side, making excuses to take my time. I needed to get Rebecca’s number! There was just something about her.

“Damnit, I took her cable. I’ll be right back, El!” I shut the door and ran towards her car right as she started backing out of the parking space. When she looked in the rearview mirror and saw me sprinting towards the car, she immediately stopped and rolled down the window.

“Listen, Rebecca,” I glanced back to the car and Eleanor was watching us carefully. “I told Eleanor that I took your cables to come get your number. Is that alright?” I flashed a quick smile. “Wait, I’m Louis. I WANT YOUR NUMBER. YOU CAN’T SAY NO!” I laughed.

Her unique laugh was contained by the small car, and I was a little disappointed I didn’t get to hear it one last time before we left..

“Sure.” she handed me her phone and I texted my number off of it.

I returned the phone into her hands and glanced back once more. I could tell she was getting suspicious now.

“So, uh, where are you heading?” I asked. Usually no one stops at this store.

“I’m... heading to my mother’s.”

“You’re lying.” I accused.

She blushed and giggled a little.

“Well how do I know I can trust you?” She looked up at me and raised her eyebrows in a flirty way.

“Hm.” I thought aloud sarcastically. “I definitely would trust a grown man you just met in a toy store who totally whooped your ass at Whack- a- Mole and gave you his number. But that’s just me.” He grinned. “She’s waiting on me.”

I motioned back to the running car.

“I better get going. Have fun at your mums.” I teased.

“Bye, Louis!” She called out the window as I took my time jogging back to the car.

I threw my right arm over my head to wave goodbye and reached the car at a walking pace. I placed my hand on the door handle, and watched as Rebecca drove away. I waved one last time, making sure she saw. Now it was time to deal with Eleanor. Hesitantly, I yanked open the door and stepped inside, ducking my head in on the way in.

“Have you two met before or something?”  Eleanor asked.

“Erm... she’s my childhood friend. I haven’t seen her in awhile.” I lied. I was staring at the window, still trying to avoid eye contact.

“Really? Where did you guys meet?” She persisted.

“She lived a few streets away.”

“Oh, that’s cool.” She said, unconvincingly.

“Why?” I turned around to look at her.

“I was just curious. You two seem pretty close.

I didn’t like lying to Eleanor. Queens are supposed to be noble and truthful. Seriously, though. I love El, and I don’t want our relationship turning to rubbish over a stranger. What was it about Rebecca, though? Her adorable laugh, that little twinkle in her eyes when she smiled, her sense of humor? I can’t figure it out. I’m gonna text her later tonight when Eleanor is sleeping. I’ll delete the messages if I have to.

“Are we going home now, boo?” She smiled.

“Of course.” I smiled back like nothing ever happened. I never lied, I hadn’t met Rebecca, and El and I were just here to mess with a few toys. But somehow that stunning girl who absolutely sucked at Whack- a -Mole kept squeezing her way back into my mind. It was going to drive me insane.