Chapter 8

He goes by the name of Leven Atem. He hides from the Empire. Though he longs for the chance for vengeance.

He has changed.

The kindhearted nature was no longer there. There was a void. Filled with hate.

He has also become strong; just as he said. But he suffers.

We told him the truth. How the war started. How it affected my people. How it claimed his father. How it claimed me.

And how it will end.

He had to stop it.

And then something happened.

He could see him.

It had taken me moments, to achieve this link with the Peletokan. My youngest had learned it in mere seconds. I could not reach my eldest son, but he could.

"Leven" could tell it was him; he always said that he had father's eyes. It was his stern gaze that gave it away. If they could fight, they could. To test their limits. To determine which sibling was stronger.

Instead, they spoke.

"Leven" could tell my youngest was in peace. "Leven" could see that was suffering within himself...He wanted to know how to free himself from the guilt of his crimes, the weight of his deeds...the lies he was told...

He shared information about the holocrons and powers afforded to him if he submitted to their bidding. How to tap into raw power. Dark powers.

I did not know who they were, but I could see his conflict; my son... was trying to break free....but he was being held back by something...someone...

Momin.

Plagueis.

My youngest spoke about how he overcame his darkness...to harness the power, without submitting to it. To temper his emotions. To serve.

And he did. He showed him how to temper his emotions. To push the cold at bay. He also told him his truth, about what happened to him. To his herd; to his new family.

Betrayal.

He will teach him how to temper his emotions, to provide relief, though temporary, for a task in exchange.

To avenge him.