Red Light, Green Light

Chapter 1
Red light Green Light

067 X Fem! Reader
Squid Game - Netflix
—————————————————————

Y/N

I gasped for air as I glided across the floor, taking a shape turn, "get back here you cunt!" I heard him shout. I coughed from the lack of air and entered a train station. I was supposed to pay the debt of 1 thousand Won but... obviously couldn't pay so I ran.
When I noticed no one was following me I collapsed onto a bench, resting my head in my hands. "Fuck fuck fuck!" I tapped my foot against the tiled floor repeatedly mad at myself.
As I was cursing to myself my body jumped a bit from a sudden thud on the bench, i looked over at my right and saw some guy sit at the bench. "Hello ma'am, may I talk to you?" He asked. I looked around, and sighed, "sure, nothing els to do..." I mumbled. He smiled, "would you mind playing a game with me?" He asked, opening his case, I raised a brow.
"Sure?" I asked, concentrating on his every movement. He pulled out a blue card and a red card, "pick." He said, shaking them to me, I looked down, I lifted my hand up and took out-

The blue card

He smiled and stood up and explained to me the rules and that if I win this, I'll be given 100,000 won... but if I lost I'd get a slap... what can a little slap do...?

A LOT
"Ow!" I yelped holding my cheek, he chuckled. He kept winning and it was pissing me off... but I held my anger down, and concentrated on my breathing.
Once I had flipped the red card I smiled and looked at him, my plain look giving his explanation of how I'm feeling quite 'proud' of myself, he pulled out the money and handed it to me. "Thanks." I smiled and stuffed it down my pocket, I then went to the bench and looked into the reflection of the glass behind it, looking closely at my red face.
"Y/N L/N." He started, making my body freeze.
"1 thousand won in debt, went to school at ######## ####." He smiled, I turned around and glared at him.
"That's quite a stare you got there Y/N. If you want more money than this." He said, taking hold of my hand and placing a card in it, with a Triangle, Circle and Square on it. "Just by playing games such as this, if you are interested call later tonight." He said and got onto a train and traveled away. I looked at the card and flipped it over, revealing a number.
"A couple of games huh?" I asked myself and plopped my butt onto the bench, "not bad, I'll consider it." I mumbled and stuffed the card in my pocket.
I then stood up and snuck over to my house.

I went to my room and changed into my PJ's... I then turned around and opened my door, heading to my little brothers room. I knocked on and heard a faint "come in..".
I entered and looked at his fatigue state laying lifelessly on the bed, he had lung cancer... and I unfortunately didn't have enough money for treatment.
"Hey lil bro. How are you?" I asked, kissing his head. "Okay, just feel really sick.." he said. He was unnaturally pale and you could see his cheekbones because whenever he ate, he'd throw it right back up.

I heard a knock on the door, I turned and saw my Nana, "hunny go to bed, I'll look after your brother." She said, I nodded and stood up, "love you, get some rest." I said, he nodded and closed his eyes. I walked out and closed the door. Nana gently rubbed my back in a sort of comfort, I smiled and went to my room.
I quickly got dressed and went outside, sneaking out my window so I was positive I'm alone.
I made the call. Someone answered, making my stomach drop.
"Hello, who's calling?" The guy from the other side asked, I hesitated to give him an answer...
"Hello.. I was giving a card from your business this afternoon." I said softly.
"Do you wish to participate in the game?" The empty motionless voice asked. I sighed.
"Yeah... yeah I would like to." I replied.
"If you wish to participate please state your name and birthdate." He continued.
I nodded, confused on why that's all he needed.
"Oh uh- Y/N L/N and my birthday is B/D." I said.
"Stand in front of your house at midnight and the password is red light, green light." A beep was then heard as he hung up. I was already at the front of my house so I guess I just have to waaaaiiittt- 12 more minutes!