Chapter 2 Friends and Enemies (1)

'Come on, Sophie! Let's go in,' Dex called Sophie as he goes through the school gates. Curious as to why she is just standing outside gawking at the school. 

'I'm coming,' Sophie answered though still spaced out. 

  Sophie is in awe by the size of the school, she knew it was fancy just... not this fancy. Sophie isn't use to luxury, the Ruewen family is rich but this is just off the charts. Even when her parents hosted parties it was never this shiny

'No wonder our uniforms has neck ties,' Sophie mumbled to herself. She had spent more than half an hour struggling and failing to tie it in the morning. Sophie has a habit of talking to herself, weird as it is, Sophie could just not quite rid herself of the habit. She looks around to see the other students. 

  The boys in her grade in this school wear plain, polyester trousers that reach down to about their calves and thus reveal their double strap shoes, all of which are colored burgundy. They're paired with short, crisscrossed socks and a simple belt colored forest green.

A cream short sleeved shirt is barely tucked into their trousers and covered with a tight jacket. A light tie is tucked in the middle of their half buttoned up jacket and is broadly crisscrossed in burgundy and forest green. 

 The girls in her grade wear layered skirts in burgundy and they reach down to just above their calves. They're paired with thigh high socks and pumps colored in forest green and burgundy respectively.

Like the boys the girls wear short sleeved shirts, which are usually gently tucked into their skirts and are covered with a long jacket. They too wear a tie that playfully hangs in the middle of their often half unbuttoned jackets and is thinly checkered in the same colors.

  All jackets are adorned with a small school logo and, although slightly frowned upon, many students wear various accessories, mostly as a form of self expression. Every year is differentiated by color, same design just different colors.
1st years had burgundy and forest green, 2nd years cerulean and sepia, 3rd years had vermillion matched with indigo and 4th years had peach paired with khaki. 

  Sophie and Dex are 1st years, Sophie thought it was ridiculous to have neck ties but apparently everyone wears them. So, Sophie had labeled this school as 'The Place where Fancy, and extra over the top people study'. 

  Since this is their first day, Sophie and Dex just followed the others and had somehow end up in the school hall.  Loud noises and lots of shrieking echoed through the room, it was messy and full of students, so much that some had to line up outside in the hallways. 

'Attention, dear prodigies,' The murmurings instantly stops, heads turned to the headmistress standing on top of the stage. (Author: So dramatic) 'Welcome, welcome. You may call me Dame Alina. I am the principal of 'Foxfire High' and you are our new batch of prodigies this year,' She said to the students with that squeaky voice everybody knows. And continued, 'Foxfire High has high expectations for each and every one of you and please note that if you have more than TWO failing grades this semester you WILL be sent to Exillium.'

  'Exillium? Like the word exile? Meaning: The state of being barred from one's native country, typically for political or punitive reasons?' Sophie pondered upon the word she had read from a dictionary. (Author: Yeah, she's smart and I just googled that)

'Wow, this school is extra EXTRA dramatic,' she thought again. Her thoughts lasted but a jiffy because right after Dame Alina concluded her speech, a swarm of students practically flew out off the hall to find their lockers. 

  Somehow, Sophie managed to find Dex in the mess and decide to stick together in search of their lockers. While they are searching, Dex starts a conversation.