xiv

It was official, Lorena mostly hates her job

It was official, Lorena mostly hates her job. She drops her briefcase on the coffee table with a huff, she didn't realize she did it so loudly until Andy walked into the living room from their office with a worried look on her face. "Hey, did you just get home?" Andy asks casually as she walks towards the kitchen to spoon what she made for dinner into a bowl for Lorena.

"Yea, it was a struggle." Lorena sighs as she stands up and walks towards the kitchen pulling out the barstool and taking a seat. Lorena takes a sniff when Andy puts the bowl in front of her, she looks at Andy with wide eyes before grabbing the spoon and taking a big bite oohing in pleasure as she swallows the soup. "This was just what I needed." Andy chuckles before pulling out the seat next to Lorena and watches her eat with a smile on her face, it feels empty still without Diana sitting next to Lorena on her other side, both Andy and Lorena haven't gotten used to the lack of the third chair being used when they eat.

"So, what happened at work today?" Andy says softly rubbing Lorena's arm. Lorena opened her mouth ready to deny it but she closed her mouth and brought a spoonful of soup up to her mouth before washing it down with a glass of water. "Let's see, I couldn't decide if it was the fact that one kid grabbed my boob today or if it was someone touching my ass." Lorena rolled her eyes once she was done speaking, Andy looked at her wide-eyed before her eyes turned dark.

Andy huffed and started tapping her nails on the counter. "Did you tell the principal? Was it that kid? The one who keeps harassing you?" Lorena nods quickly. "Yes, Quinton. Both times actually, he's been suspended for like a week and then when he comes back he gets to spend 2 Saturdays in detention. Not with me." Lorena added the last part when Andy looked at her worried. "Good, I wouldn't want to have to kick some teens ass. I can do it." Andy grumbles before scooting the chair back and grabbing herself a bowl to pour some soup into.

Lorena rolls her eyes at Andy's antics, if Diana was here she would agree with Andy, and considering she's Wonder Woman, Diana can kick Mr. McCann's ass even though Lorena doesn't encourage it. Lorena twirls her spoon in the soup before lifting it again, she didn't know how Andy felt but she still feels an aching feeling whenever she remembers something that Diana would do.

Lorena just misses her, she just wants to know if Diana is okay. The coverage on Wonder Woman has quieted since she stopped Max Lord from destroying the world but instead of that making Lorena feel better because she's out of danger, it only makes her more scared because she knows that Diana is sad and scared but Lorena just wishes that Diana would talk to them. "Hey, what did that spoon ever do to you?" Andy jokes breaking Lorena out of her thoughts, she looks at Andy confused who's eyes move towards the spoon to where Lorena is clenching it so tightly that when Lorena moved her hand she had a deep imprint of the spoon handle on her hand.

She sighed and rubbed a hand across her face. "Sorry, just a long day." Lorena huffs out a laugh before getting up and kissing Andy on the forehead before walking towards their room to take a shower leaving a confused Andy in the kitchen to clean up.

Andy knew who Lorena was thinking about, Diana. It's always been Diana lately because honestly, Andy can't stop thinking about her either, now that Steve should be gone Andy can't help but wonder why Diana hasn't reached out to them. Andy thinks Diana might feel ashamed which, to be honest, Andy doesn't feel sorry for her, she feels sorry for both herself and Lorena.

She wants nothing more than the three of them to be a happy couple again, a part of Andy hopes that they can get back together but Andy knows it's going to be hard and it shouldn't go back to normal quickly, she runs her fingers through her hair yanking on the tangles that her fingers get caught on before she slides the chair back and grabs their half-eaten leftover soup.

Andy spoons to leftovers into the trash before carefully placing the bowls into the sink, she lets the sink water run for a second to fill up the sink before she starts to scrub. She doesn't know how long she's been doing this but it had to have been too long because Andy is jolted when she feels Lorena's arms wrap around her waist and she's now aware that the water in the sink has gotten colder. "Guess I spaced out." Andy chuckles before scrubbing the last bit of the soup off.

Lorena kissed Andy's cheek before squeezing her waist before letting go, Andy sighed and placed the bowls on the drying rack that was by the sink. She pulled the stopper and watched the dirty water go down the drain, Andy pressed her lips together as she turned on the water and washed her hands to get rid of the germs.

Andy turned around and looked for Lorena before a soft smile appears on her face as she sees Lorena hunched over the coffee table grading papers, she smiles and hides a chuckle behind her hand when Lorena snorts and makes an x so huge that Andy can see it from the kitchen.

She was going to walk towards her when the doorbell rang, she looked and Lorena was confused, no one used the doorbell, ever. "Stay there, I'll check it." Andy puts her hand towards Lorena who was about to get up, Lorena nods so Andy walks towards the door. When she opens it her breath stops and she hears Lorena take a sharp inhale. "Diana.