xvi

It's been a couple of days since Diana showed up at the apartment and Andy has kept her promise of not seeing Diana, she's been booking more hours at the security company so she's coming home late and going in early

It's been a couple of days since Diana showed up at the apartment and Andy has kept her promise of not seeing Diana, she's been booking more hours at the security company so she's coming home late and going in early. Lorena has been playing the mediator between Diana and Andy making sure they aren't in a room alone with each other if Andy does happen to see Diana.

"She hates me now huh?" Diana asks after they've seen Andy rush out of the apartment because she overslept. Lorena paused and looked at Diana, she was going to lie but she decided not to. "Yes, I couldn't decide if I should tell you the truth or not but you hurt her. You hurt both of us but she's taking everything you moving especially very hard. I'm in this weird state of numbness right now, I'm mad at you and you broke our trust which you will never regain but I also still love you so fucking much which I think is what Andy is going through as well. It's painful enough for both of us to see your stuff everywhere but now you're here." Lorena ran her hands through her short blonde hair before standing up and walking towards the kitchen to grab herself a glass of water.

She heard the rustling of Diana as she was getting up. "I can leave if you want me to, I can clear my stuff and leave. Then you never have to see me anymore." Lorena turns around with a sigh and faces Diana who was sitting at the bar looking at Lorena carefully. "No, you're staying. This will help us because we all need to heal from everything, I know that we both still love you. What matters is that you know you did a terrible thing right?" Diana nods quickly, Lorena can tell that the superhero wants to reach out and grab Lorena's hand that was resting on the counter but Diana resisted. "I do, I feel awful about what happened and I wish I never did it. I don't think you will believe me but we didn't do anything when we got home, when I stayed at his place or the body he was inhabiting's place, I slept in the guest bedroom. I'm not saying this to try and get you to take me back because I know it's going to take a lot and you might not even want me back even though you still say you love me." Diana tapers off looking at her hands which she moved to her lap.

Lorena let out a sigh before putting the glass of water by the sink and walking over towards Diana and pulling out the chair next to her, the position they were sitting in was similar to that in which they would eat breakfast at the start of the day which made Lorena miss those times of simplicity. "Listen, you're right we as a group needs to talk this out but everything isn't going to be fixed by one conversation and I think that's going to be hard for all of us to understand I think that if we do try this again we're gonna have to make so many changes. It's not going to be easy I know that for sure and I'm not even sure Andy wants to do this again but I know that she loves you and I know that is what I want. You just have to be prepared for any decision, whenever that may be." Diana nodded at Lorena once she finished speaking.

"I never stopped loving you two, I hope you know that." Diana placed her hand on the counter and started to inch closer to hold Lorena's hand but Lorena saw what she was doing and scooted her chair back before standing up and she walks towards the couch to where they were sitting before they started to get so deep into the conversation. Lorena presses her lips together as she sits on the couch and grabs the remote.

Lorena flipped through the channels until she found one that she knew they both liked, she heard Diana sigh and she heard the screech of Diana's chair before the couch sunk slightly because Diana sat beside her. "I'm sorry, you just said you wanted to take everything slow and talk but I tried to hold your hand. It was just a reflex action, but it won't happen again I promise." Diana sighed and twisted her hair and pulled it to her shoulder.

Lorena smiled before bumping their shoulders together slightly. "You're fine honestly, but I do appreciate that you aren't going to do it again though at least not until we figure out if something is gonna happen again." Lorena smiled slightly before turning back towards the tv which was playing some episode of Murder She Wrote, none of them particularly loved this show but it was something to fill the silence.

But it couldn't fill the silence in Lorena's brain, she leaned back against the couch and let her thoughts drift. She knew it was wrong to say all that without talking to Andy first but she knows that Andy still loves her but Lorena can't tell if Andy wants to give it another shot. Out of the two of them, Andy was affected the worst by it, as she lives by the motto "once a cheater, always a cheater" but Lorena is more of an optimist because she knows that it didn't mean anything to Diana who just got caught up in the moment, that still doesn't make it hurt less. "Hey, you okay?" Diana breaks Lorena out of her thoughts by poking her slightly on the shoulder, that's when Lorena realizes she's been gripping onto the couch pillow a little too harshly for it to go unnoticed.

"Sorry, just really into this episode." Lorena lies easily fake laughing before turning her attention back towards the tv. She knows that Diana didn't believe what just came out of her mouth but Diana got the hint and started to look towards the tv but every now and then Lorena could feel Diana's eyes bore into her skin which made her want to shiver but she resisted the urge.