Chapter 3

After I was out of sight of that red deer guy when I was behind the wall of the corner, I sighed a sigh of relief. Social interaction is tiring, and very nerve wracking.

'Okay, that wasn't so bad, other than the fact that that guy was really intimidating..... But, where do I know him from? I know I've seen him before, well, more like his smell is familiar... Where have I met him?'

I shook it off, no time to think about it, I spent this much time, I can't be even more late.

~

I walked to the third door, I've seen it multiple times in the past like, 20 minutes... sigh

I lightly knocked on the door and heard a faint 'come in' from inside the room. I slowly opened the door to reveal a large tiger sitting behind a desk. I can only assume that this is the headmaster.

"Ah, hello, Juniper Morin I presume?" I nodded in response. "Come, have a seat." He said while gesturing to the seat in front of him.

I set down my violin case next to the chair before sitting down. My feet didn't even touch the floor, sad. "I'm sorry I'm late... There wasn't anybody at the front desk, and I couldn't find the room because the nameplate was gone (Idk if name plate is right, but idrc), so I couldn't tell-"

"Ah, the woman at the front desk must be busy then, but don't worry, I expected that, and I failed to tell you that the room wasn't labeled at the moment, so I apologize." He said in a kind voice.

"Anyways. Back to business." He said as he pulled out a folder with my name on it and opened it.

"Juniper Morin..." He said, and thought for a moment.

"From my information, you're... Ichika Morin's daughter, correct?" I nodded slowly. "I see, It's an honor to have someone of such high status here." I shook my head. "Oh no, I'm not all that special, thank you though."

"You're very humble." The headmaster said. "Anyways, I'm already aware of you're mother being a hybrid, and you being a hybrid as well. However, I need some more information on your father."

I flinched and sat up straight at the mentioning of my father. "Oh, well what do you need to know?" I asked. "Well, what kind of animal is your father?"

"My father is a hybrid of a western coyote and a Holland lop rabbit." I explained.

"Well, that is certainly an interesting mix. So, you're a mix of 4 animals, 2 carnivores, and 2 herbivores.. That makes it hard to distinguish where to put you since technically, you're an Omnivore. You're mother wanted you to be apart of the choosing process." He said as he leaned back in his chair and started to think.

"Have you ever..." He hesitated. "Eaten meat?"

"Never." I said confidently. I don't think I've ever really eaten tofu, I've always only eaten fruit and vegetables.

"Do you have fangs? Claws?"

"Yeah." I said as I took off one of my gloves and held up my hand. I should have trimmed my nails before I came. I opened my mouth slightly and showed some of my canines

"Hm... Who do you interact with better in general, herbivores or carnivores?"

That's the question that got me, I barely talked to either...

"I don't really know, both equally I guess."

"Hmm... Well, just based off the behavior you show right now, though you have more of a calm, herbivore-like personality, however, I feel it's better to put you in the carnivore dorm. You have more canine-like features, and I'm sure that if I were to put you with herbivores, because of your outward appearance..... It may cause some problems... I just feel like it's better to put you in the carnivore dorm, don't you think?"

I thought for a moment. That is true. I don't really care either way though. I don't know if I'd fully fit in in either, I'll just say I agree I guess. "Yeah, I feel like that's the best option too-"

"I don't know if your mother informed you, but you will live in a solo dorm if you choose to stay in the carnivore dorms, by her orders. So no roommates."

"Really?" I asked surprised, no roommates? But she said she wanted me to be more social.. why would she ask for me to be in a solo dorm... She's still trying to protect me? Why though?

"That's...... That's fine." I said, I mean, obviously I'll take it, it makes it easier for me. But... You know, never mind. I guess she'd know what's better for me anyways, right?

"Well... If that's everything. Here is your dorm key, and your schedule." He said as he opened a drawer and took out a paper and a small key.

He placed them on the desk and slid them over to me. I picked them up and looked at them.

I don't know why, but it all just seemed so surreal to me. It's amazing how far I've came.

I don't feel sick, I'm going to school, and I'm doing...... okay at talking! It's going okay so far......

God, did I just jinx that? Probably

"Thank you so much!" I said happily. "Don't thank me, It's my pleasure to have you at this school. It's amazing to have another potential Beastar here." He said with a smile.

I internally cringed. I don't even really want to be the next Beastar... I don't think I'd be good at it if I can't even talk to people without internally panicking. But mom does, so I guess I'll try to...

"Be the voice for all hybrids." She says. "You can be the voice of change for all of us" Yeah... but if I can't even speak for myself, how can I speak for all of us?

"Well, still, thank you for accepting a hybrid into your school..." I said while bowing.

Hybrids, especially hybrids of carnivores and herbivores are considered..... disgusting by the public.

And I'm a hybrid of 2 hybrids that are both half carnivore and herbivore, if that makes sense. That means, I'm even more of a living abomination in the eyes of society to put it simply. So it's really amazing that he accepted me here, not many at all would.

"Again, no need to thank me, Cherryton stands as a place where anybody is accepted, carnivores, herbivores, or omnivores. No matter what. Now, you best get going. Classes start in an hour, if you want time to go eat breakfast, you should go. The cafeteria is right next to this building, to the left. And the girls' dorm is next to that."

I lifted my head up and nodded. "Okay. I'll get going then." I said as I stood up from the chair and grabbed my things and quickly rushed to the door.

"Goodbye!" I said as I opened it and closed it quickly behind me.

I breathed a sigh of relief as soon as the door closed behind me. My heart is beating so fast. There's a reason I'm only OKAY at interacting with people..

Now... Just gotta find my dorm.

~

(Word Count: 1152)