Chapter 10

'Okay, this spot looks good...'

I managed to find a good place. It was secluded and quiet... well quiet enough, because of the strength of my hearing, its hard for me to find somewhere completely quiet, but this is good enough for me.

I sat down on the edge of a platform, my legs hung off the edge. It's weird how short I actually am. I've always been surrounded by adults, sure, but all of them were usually similar heights to me. Except for Sebastian I guess.

I just thought he was a giant. He's a hybrid too, a "Liger" to be exact. But unlike me, he's generally more accepted. 2 carnivorous big cats had a kid, that isn't that bad. Ligers are famous for being strong, and quite aggressive. In fact, some of the world's most famous wrestlers are Ligers, they're the biggest big cat, and they're really powerful, and because of that, they have a good reputation among the public.

Sebastian is different though, he's a doctor, he directly goes against those stereotypes, which is why he's so cool to me, I kind of have always looked up to him because of it.

I wish all hybrids could be respected like that.

They're also more believable than... Oh I don't know... a fox and a sheep... Or a rabbit and a coyote-

I really don't know how either one of those pairings happened, or how either of their children just so happened to end up together and have me, but I don't really care about theorizing about that...

I stopped thinking about it and started eating. Honestly, the food was really good, the television, and everyone in all the disney channel pre-teen shows I watched while growing up lied to me.

As I was eating and you know, probably being a fucking loser, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I jumped then looked up.

There was a white rabbit girl standing beside me. She looked nice. "Can I here?" I could hear her say clearly through the music. I was confused. I assumed everybody usually ate inside. Fellow loner maybe?

"Oh, sure." I said. She nodded and took a seat about 2 feet away from me. She also looked to be only a couple inches shorter then me. We just sat in silence for a bit before she started talking.

"So, are you a first year? I've never seen you before." She asked. I nodded. "Yup, first day actually." I said nonchalantly.

"Oh, so no luck making friends?"

'Damn... Well she's blunt, but true.' I thought. "Is it that obvious?" I joked, obviously it's obvious.

"Kinda, but I don't have much luck in that department either, and I'm a senior." I nodded. So yes, a fellow loner.

"Are you planning on joining any clubs?"

I nodded. "Well, maybe." She hummed in response. "Which one? There are a lot of options."

"Drama Club... Probably" She looked over at me. "Really? You seem pretty quiet to be on stage." I looked away.

"You're right, but I don't necessarily need to be on stage. Being a stage hand sounded perfectly fine to me. No need to be in the spot light." She shrugged and nodded. "Fair enough."

It's weird, it's so easy to talk to her as well. She has such a calm aura, that I barely feel any nervousness. Also, her voice is very nice to listen to...

"But then again, I'm still thinking... Do you have any clubs you'd recommend?" I know I already promised my mother I'd join drama club, but how would it hurt to learn about more?

She thought for a second. "Well, there is the gardening club." I tilted my head in confusion. "I didn't know they had one of those here." She chuckled. "Well, that's because it isn't very popular, I'm actually the only member left."

That only made me more confused, I'd be so happy to work with plants, it must be so calming...

"Well that doesn't make much sense, It sounds nice to work with plants. It must be hard" She shrugged. "It's not that hard, you get used to it."

Well... Now I wanna join that club, I know it's hard for small animals to do heavy labor like that, and even if she says that, I still think it'd be nice to help out, as a fellow small animal.

"Mm, well... okay then."

We continued talking for a bit more. Just about random stuff. I finally learned that her name is 'Haru' I think it suits her.

Of course though, our peaceful conversation had to be interrupted by people.

As we were talking, I saw 3 girls walk up from Haru's side and stopped behind her. I looked up at them in confusion. Haru seemed to have heard them as well since she perked up and looked behind her as well.

"Wow, I'm impressed, the whole school's ignoring you, and yet you sit here still so strong Haru. You're even trying to make friends with a hybrid, really scraping the bottom of the barrel now, huh?"

I furrowed my brows. "Pretty risky wouldn't ya' say? A bunny rabbit like you sitting out in the open after that student was devoured like your lunch."

Haru sighed. "Suddenly, the food doesn't taste so good..." She said while throwing her spoon into her soup and standing up with her trey, she nodded at me to get up so we could leave, so I followed in suit.

"Rather than messing with us and spreading rumors, wouldn't you like to focus on, oh I don't know, getting back together with your boyfriend?" She said sarcastically.

"I agree, if we're really that bad, why'd you waste your precious time talking to us?" I shrugged. I don't know why I said that out loud, I meant to only think it, but I did and I can't go back now...

"Who do you think you are? NONE of that is-" Haru cut her off. "Also, just for the record, he's the one who kissed me. I mean, besides, a guy who gets that excited over one tiny kiss, kinda tells you something, right? Excuse us."

We started walking, but as we were about to pass them, they all decided to gang up on us and push us off the edge.

Haru face planted, and I landed on my ass. That would have been such a cool exit too... To put insult to injury, she also decided to throw a bucket of water.

I quickly moved to block Haru as best as I could, getting the majority of the water on myself in the process.

I fucking hate water...

"Hopefully this gets through to you rejects, don't forget, my boyfriend and I are both harlequin rabbits, which makes us an endangered species couple! Neither of you are anything compared to us, a common dwarf rabbit who's trying to destroy a couple with obvious pedigree, and a disgusting Frankenstein hybrid, you are nothing."

Damn... Spoiled much? And that's coming from me...

She sighed. "I guess I'm just going to have to tell everyone at school that your sleeping with other guys again, right Haru? Lets go." She said as she threw the bucket down on the ground and turned to leave.

I breathed a sigh of relief and looked down at Haru. "You okay?" I asked. She nodded. I got up and helped Haru up before dusting off my skirt.

"I'm sorry you got caught up in that." I shrugged. "It's just water, it'll dry..." I said while ringing out my ear.

"Thank you though, you didn't need to." She said. "I couldn't just sit there, that'd be even worse. It's not a big deal." She chuckled. "I wouldn't have blamed you if we did, we just met."

"I've always been taught to help people if I can, it's really not that big of a deal."

Since I was more so raised by maids and workers that worked at my home, I never grew up to act spoiled. I'm so grateful they took the time to teach me important things and correct me when I was younger.

I could have easily grown up to be snobby like that girl and flaunt the wealth I didn't even earn if they didn't, and I could have looked like a total asshole in the process.

"Well still, I appreciate it, I owe you one. Now... we need to get dry before we catch colds."