21- getting to know you

Amari's POV:

Something fancy? Fancy. Does he not like my sweats and tshirt? Guess I'm going to have to wear a dress. I can't believe I'm dressing up for a guy.

I really don't want to go to some fancy restaurant. But since I'm told to dress fancy I assume he is. Gosh darn it. As long as I'm with him it should be fun though. Right?

Once I slip on a black dress I grab some heels and head downstairs to meet Leo. When I open the front door he's already standing there leaning against a black sports car in a suit. Gods he looks good.

I walk down the stairs as he opens the car door for me, his eyes never leaving mine . What a gentleman. Once he gets in on the other side and starts the car I ask him

"So where are we going"

"You'll see. And you look stunning Amore"

Butterflies. His compliments are always so genuine and I can see his eyes full of admiration whenever he looks at me. It makes me feel things. Even though I know being pretty is not the rent I pay to exist in this world as a woman. When Leo acknowledges it, I get butterflies, he still looks at me the same even in my sweats.

I know he just complimented me then to avoid answering my question though. He seems nervous. It's cute.

"You nervous?" I question slightly amused because he is always so composed and good at hiding his emotions.

"I don't want to fuck this up" he says and my heart melts. He cares.

Leo let's me plug my phone in and play my music as he speeds down the driveway. 'American boy' starts to play and I sing loudly along, ignoring Leo's smirk on his face. He better not be bullying my singing.

"Want to play 21 questions?" I ask turning my body towards him.

"What's that?" He asks, keeping his eyes on the road. I thought it was kind of self explanatory.

"Well it's simple, we both get to ask each other 21 questions"

He nods and I take that as a yes.

"Ok, I'll go first. Favourite season?"

He pauses to think for a second before responding
"Autumn" I can see him being an autumn guy. Whatever that means

"Why?"

"Isn't it my turn?" I give him a glare and he just smirks.

"Because it shows that beauty can come from things even when they're dying" he finishes and I'm shocked. This man is good with his words. I smile, thankful that he's taking this seriously.

"I like that. Mine's winter." I say leaning closer to him.

"Because of the sweat pants?" He asks slightly amused like I'm so predictable

"Well yes, everyone loves comfy clothes, but winter also means rain, and drinking tea whilst reading and snuggling in your bed" I ramble thinking of how cozy winter can be. I look over to see if Leo is listening and he has the biggest grin on his face.

"I like listening to you talk" he says and I blush. Smooth talker.

"Ok your turn" I say, trying to hide the heat in my cheeks.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" He questions in a serious tone. Why would I be? He's a big teddy bear with a bad attitude.

"Because you haven't given me a reason to be"

"I'm  the mafia don" he state's blankly and I can't help but laugh.

"So? You act all tough and have probably killed more people than I can count but Leo, you're not a bad guy and until you give me a reason. I'll never be scared of you" I say reassuringly