Awakening

A rough kick to the mattress made Athena groan un happily. She was hoping to rest a while longer before getting up to start the normal routine again. As she peered towards the window, the morning light hit her eyes.

"Not again.." She groaned as she rubbed her hands on her face. She had overslept the passed couple mornings, which was not normal, yet she understood why. Her body had been sore from the many nights she went out hunting alone, so it only made sense she would sleep in a day or two.

Another kick regained her attention, so she turned to see her sister towering over her. A smug grin on her face. "What happened to dawn sis? Seems unlike you to be sleeping in once more." Athena sat up slowly with an annoyed expression.

"Oh hush. It's because of you I'm like this. " she says roughly while rubbing the sleep off her face. "Not like you would bother to help hunt breakfast anyway." Keira mocked her words before going to freshen up in the bathroom.

With a role of her eyes, Athena stands, stretching her body and letting out a few groans of delight. Afterwards, she lifts up her mattress and tucks it away, doing the same to Keira's.

As she walks to the small kitchen, Keira exits the bathroom with her brown hair soaking wet and towel wrapped around her small figure. " Ah~ that was relaxing."

Athena doesn't pay heed to her sibling, focusing on cooking the last cuts of rabbit they had in the fridge.

"Hey loser, I was thinking we should take a day off and go to the springs." Keira states as she unwraps the towel and finishes drying off her hair. The Suns warm rays wrap around her body, glistening off the few drops of water that slid down her skin.

Breathing in and out slowly, as if to let the annoyance fade away, Athena removes the meat from the heat and places them on separate plastic plates. " Sit and eat once you are finished dressing. I do not wish to argue with you this morning." Keira looks at her alittle amused before doing as told. After placing a red shirt with black cargo shorts and military boots over her body, she sits to eat, staying silent.

Athena sighs, satisfied of the silence, then grabs the plate and enters the bathroom, closing the door behind her. She places the plate on the head of the toilet and looks at the cracked mirror hanging off the wall over the sink.

Her hazel eyes shifted color as a ray of sunshine came into her line of sight. The color being displayed was crystal blue with yellow strikes. As Athena leaned in and studied the strange coloration, she heard a loud thump hit the ground just outside the door.

"Keira?" She opens the door to see the chair her sister was sitting on turned over. As she looked towards the door, she see's Keira leaving in a haste with her bow and arrow in hand, ready to be fired.

"This chick." She growls under her breath as she grips her twin blades and rushes out after her.

A/N
Forgive me for not updating sooner and I know this is short but I'm working on the next chapter as you read.

Stay tuned!!!