Team Building

"Hey Jude! I'm Jenny, I mean you know that, but still." She put her arms out to hug Jude. Jennifer's hugs were tight. Airtight. Like restrict your airways tight. "Hey dudette!" Jude went in to hug Jenny, big mistake. Jenny was excited so her hugs were longer than usual. "Uh, dudette, Jenny? You can let go now!" Jude wheezed. "Oh sorry Jude! I'll let go now. It's just so nice to meet you!" Jenny smiled at Jude as she let go.

"Hey cutie, how you doing?" Jonesy went up to Nikki. "Ugh, not today. Mom woke me up from my nap for this, and I'm not having to work with you." Nikki protested. "I'm not that bad Nikki. I'm nice!" Jonesy tried to beg Nikki to work with him. "I'll try you, lamo." Nikki rolled her eyes, but agreed with the boy. Jonesy thought to himself that he'd just made a girlfriend, but life isn't that way.

"Hi Wyatt! I'm Caitlin!" Caitlin smiled at the boy, hoping to make a great first impression, as they last for a long time, according to her mom at least. "H-hi C-Caitlin." Wyatt nervously said. "I can't wait to play some games! Let's work together and win!" Caitlin grabbed Wyatt's hand, perhaps a little violently. "Oh ok, let's go I guess." Wyatt replied.

"Alright kids, let's start! First game, the wheelbarrow race. Girls on the bottom as the wheelbarrows, boys on top, pushing and guiding the girls." Ron said. They all lined up, Jenny and Jude with ease, they were athletic after all. Nikki was slightly apprehensive, but after a while got down and let Jonesy hold her. Wyatt and Caitlin, both as nervous as eachother, finally got into hold after a bit of encouragement from Mr Mallcop.

"Right kids, on the whistle, race across the field, on the white lines. I'll be at the end, to announce the winner. Ok 3, 2, 1, GO!" Ron blew the whistle and the pairs were off. Jenny and Jude at an early lead. Caitlin and Wyatt were slow but steady. Nikki fell deliberately and took a stand, she couldn't be done with lame boys. Jenny and Jude fell at the last second, Caitlin and Wyatt about halfway done. It got to the point where Jenny and Jude had tied with Caitlin and Wyatt, they were all about 20 feet from the finish.

"And we have a winner!" Ron announced. "It's a tie, between Jenny and Jude and Wyatt and Caitlin. Sadly Nikki ran off, which cost her team the win. Jenny, do you want to go and find Nikki, I think she's inside. Everyone follow me, lets go and eat some ice cream after our busy day." The boys and Caitlin followed Ron inside. "Jenny, I'll save some for you and Nikki when she wants to come out."