Chapter Fourty-Two

Remus POV
Chase and I have just finished having an argument. She storms downstairs and I go flop down on my bed. I groan loudly and I take a deep breath trying to calm down. I know I am being a jerk and that I shouldn't have said any of that stuff. I probably just lost the love of my life because I am being a arse for no reason. I don't know why I said that stuff. I didn't even mean it.

"Go apologize. Now!" James shouts from across the room startling me.

I sit up and I have to take a deep breath to calm myself to keep from lashing out at him too. I don't know what is with me today. I can't control my temper.

I don't argue with James and I leave the dorm to look for Chase. When I get to the common room all the girls are still in there so I assume she hasn't told them.

"Where'd Chase go?" I ask tiredly.

Lily points outside without saying anything. I take it they are mad at me for being rude to them earlier when I couldn't find Chase.

I walk out of the common room and start searching for her.

It takes me awhile but I eventually find her outside which is where I had a feeling she would be. She is up in the tree we always sit under. I can hear her sniffling from where I'm walking and it breaks my heart. I did that to her. I love her so much and I hurt her.

I climb up the tree and sit on the branch she is on. I don't sit right next to her because I know she needs space.

"I'm sorry. I don't even know where that came from. I didn't mean any of that stuff I said. I know you weren't doing anything wrong and I trust you. I guess I was just angry and I was grasping at straws to find something to be angry about." I ramble on.

She doesn't say anything back so I continue, "I am an idiot for saying that stuff. I love you so much and I feel awful for hurting you. I understand if you don't want to go on with our relationship."

I can't say anything else because if I do I'm afraid I will cry. I don't know what I would do without her. She is my future, she makes me feel like I'm more than a monster.

"I-I don't w-want to break u-up." She finally stutters out while trying to hold back tears.

"I don't either, come here and we can talk about it. We had a fight, we can get through it." I tell her.

I halfway expect her to just stay were she is but she comes over and sits right beside me. I gently drape my arm around her and she lays her head on my shoulder.

"Do you still love me?" She asks quietly.

"Of course I do."

"I forgive you, I know you didn't mean that stuff. I'll try not to push you as much on when it is close to the full moon as long as you don't be a jerk to me." She says.

"Deal." I lean down and kiss her on top of her head.

It is freezing so I wrap my arm around her and pull her close to me. I suggest we go back inside and she nods without saying anything. We climb down the tree and walk back to the castle.

I know she isn't mad at me anymore but I have the feeling she still hasn't forgiven me yet. We walk quietly through the halls hand in hand.

"After the full moon I want you to let me take you out on a date to show you how much I regret saying that stuff." I say.

She doesn't say anything back, she just nods her head. I know she doesn't feel like talking so I don't push any further.

Time-skip
Chase POV
It's been a few days since the full moon and today Remus is wanting to take me on a date. I'm not really looking forward to it because I'm still a little upset over the stuff he said. But nonetheless I'm still going to get ready and go. Maybe I will feel better afterwards.