Chapter 2

It was so fucking annoying.

Sand.

How it gets stuck on you and no matter how many times you wash yourself and your things that more of the devilish grains appear from thin air.

With a grunt of annoyance, Tommyinnit sat in a run-down wooden chair as he patted the last of the loose sand from his shoe.

The vast ocean stretched further than the eye could see, no land in view for miles. Events of the last several days continuously replayed in the back of Tommy's mind.

Tubbo, his former best friend, his former ally, had been pronounced President of L'manburg after the devastating events had taken place just hours prior.

Things had seemed to be looking up. A town rebuild had been set in place. A newfound leadership was taking off. Tommy thought all of his troubles would soon pass over.

But soon, his pride would become his downfall.

Alongside his friend Ranboo, half-enderian, half-. . . whatever he was, Tommy set off to George's little cottage on the outskirts of L'manburg. He seemingly only wanted to steal a few things, but one thing led to another and he ended up accidentally setting the place on fire.

The news of George's cottage soon reached the ears of the citizens of L'manburg. After some discussion, it had been concluded that it was indeed Tommy who commited the crime. Tommy never spoke up against it, and never mentioned that Ranboo had been with him, as to not spark any hostility from L'manburg towards Ranboo.

But it wasn't just L'manburg who knew about the incident.

Dream had heard, and he was pissed.

He threatened to build obsidian walls around the new community if Tubbo did not willingly hand over Tommy. Tommy, his friend, his supporter. They never left each other's sides during the Disc War, working together through conflicts no man should ever have to go through.

But Tubbo knew, deep down, that Tommy was a ticking time bomb. He was unpredictable, a danger if not secured.

With his heart full of sorrow, Tubbo solemnly agreed.

Now, here in exile on a beach, hundreds of miles away from his old home, Tommy yelled in frustration, seeing Dream's boat in the distance. Every day, Dream would visit Tommy. But not for any warm hospitality or greeting. He would take whatever Tommy had collected, whether it be resources or tools, and burn them, as to not risk Tommy gaining any power over him or to foil any plan of escaping.

As Dream's boat stopped by the shore, Tommy stood. Not to greet the stupid green teletubby, but to prepare for the inevitable burning of his items.

"How've you been, Tommy?", Dream asked in a low, monotone voice. Tommy snorted. "No better than the last time you were here, dickhead."

Dream chuckled and shook his head. "You know the drill."

Sighing, Tommy opened his sack while Dream dug a hole in the ground for Tommy to throw his items into.

Tommy stared with a blank face as Dream threw fire wood into the hole and lit it, the flames quickly eating away at everything.

Just like the day before, Tommy was left with nothing.

And the day before that.

He sat back down and placed his face in his hands. "Are you staying long, Dream?"

After a moment, Dream doused the fire and began to fill the hole back up. "Not soon. Why? Are you planning something?"

Tommy shook his head and leaned back. "No. If I was, I wouldn't tell you." Seeing Dream's reaction, he added quickly, "I just want to be alone for the rest of the day, that's all."