Chapter 1: Escape

This version is going to have angst but still retain happy and fun moments.

This first chapter contains a lot of angst and blood.

Blood. There was so much blood. The towels that Donald had tied around Ashur's head and arm were quickly being stained crimson.

The younger of the six year old twins carried his brother on his back. His whole body was aching and he was so exhausted, but he couldn't afford to stop. His brother needed help or else he'd die.

"A-Ashur, stay awake!" Donald begged. "It's gonna be alright! Don't fall asleep, okay Ashur?"

Ashur groaned weakly. 

"Ash, e-everything's going to be fine!" Donald forced himself to continue walking. 'I need to hurry quickly before those monsters get home and realize we're gone! I can't let them catch us!'

After a couple minutes, Donald's legs finally gave in and he fell to the ground. "Someone...please..." He mustered up the last of his strength. "HELP!"

XXX

Three fourteen year olds were walking down a street late at night when they heard the desperate cry for help pierce through the night air. They sprinted in the direction of the cry and were shocked to find two young boys lying on the ground, covered in serious injuries and a lot of blood.

"We need to take them to the hospital!" The eldest of the teenagers, Fossa "Fox" Keum, a purple haired boy with grey eyes, carefully picked up one of the boys. "Fuck! This kid's arm looks like it's been chopped off!"

"An ambulance would take too long!" The girl with maroonish-red hair and grey eyes, Kaia Kwan, picked up the other boy. "It'll be faster if we take them to the hospital ourselves!"

"The fastest route is this way," The third teen, Alain Reyes, a boy with short blue hair and green eyes, led the way.

All three of them sprinted. Their legs ached after running at their maximum speed for a while and their lungs burned with each breath, but they had to push on. These two boys' lives depended on them.

The three burst into the emergency room loudly, attracting the hospital staff's attention immediately. "Please save them!"

Once they saw the state that Ashur was in, they got straight to work on both of the boys.

XXX

"The platinum blonde haired boy was covered in several cuts and bruises and was also extremely malnourished," A doctor informed the trio of teenagers. "The purple haired boy is currently in the operation room. It looks like a knife had been stabbed into his eye and someone cut his arm off. What are your three's relationship to the patients?"

"We heard them crying for help and found them unconscious on the sidewalk," Kaia answered. 

"This is not a first time abuse," The doctor said. "Some of their wounds are old and go as far back as a few years ago,"

"Years?" Alain gasped. "But they're so young!"

"As per protocol, the police have been called," The doctor told them before leaving to return to his work.

Fox gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. "What kind of parent hurts their own child?"

"Fox," Alain put a hand to his friend's shoulder.

Fox slammed his fist into the nearby wall. "I'm going back to where we found those kids. They couldn't have gotten too far away from their abusers' home, so I'll be able to eventually find out where those bastards are—"

"Fossa," Kaia interrupted. "What if they're armed? What if you're outnumbered? What if you're overpowered? You'll just end up getting killed if you act recklessly,"

"But...to just sit here and do nothing..." Fox slammed his fist into the wall again. "It feels as if we're letting those monsters get away with abuse!"

"The police will find them and bring them to justice," Kaia stated calmly. "I'm angry too, Fossa. Those boys are the same age as my own little brother. But we can't take matters into our own hands. And remember, you made a promise to me,"

"I promised that I wouldn't kill anyone again unless it can't be avoided," Fox looked away and to the floor. "If I have to hunt them down, it's avoidable,"

XXX

"Where's my big brother!?" Donald demanded when he woke up. "Where is he!?"

"Calm down!" Fox told him. "Don't move around too much! You're going to end up pulling out your IV!"

"Where is my big brother!?" Donald hated being away from him. Ashur always protected him. Ashur always comforted him. He didn't know who these people were. He didn't know where he was. He was in a new place surrounded by strangers.

"He's here," Alain motioned to the other bed in the hospital room. 

"Ashur!" Donald scrambled over to him. "Big brother, wake up!" He shook his shoulder and was horrified when he saw that his brother was missing his left arm from the shoulder down.

"Be gentle with him," Kaia advised. "He just got out of surgery,"

"W-Who are you?" Donald stuttered. "W-Where are we?"

"I'm Kaia Kwan and those two are my friends, Fox Keum and Alain Reyes," Kaia introduced. "We found both of you collapsed on the sidewalk so we brought you to the hospital,"

"Can you tell us your names?" Alain asked gently.

"I-I'm D-Donald," He turned his attention back to his brother. "B-Big brother is Ashur,"

"How old are you guys?" Alain questioned. "You both look very young,"

"A-Ash and I are both..." He paused, trying to recall their age. "Six. We're both six years old. Ash is twelve minutes older,"

"Ow..." Ashur groaned as he opened his unbandaged, left eye. 

"Ashur!" Donald exclaimed. "Ashur, are you okay!?"

Ashur was at first startled by Donald's sudden questioning. His startled expression then morphed into one filled with confusion. "W-Who are you?"

For those that haven't read the original version, Family Chaos, Kaia Kwan is Kingsley's older sister, Fox is Wolf's older brother, and Alain is just some OC. All three of them belong to Gijoo the Chair.