Chapter 4: Friends

"Hey, how do you three feel about meeting my little bro and little sis?" Fox asked one day. "They're a year younger than you guys,"

"New friends?" Ashur's face lit up.

"I hope so," Fox commented. "Well, I'm not too much worried about my sister. But my brother...I doubt he'd make friends on his own,"

"I wanna be friends with Chibi Foxes!" He looked over at Donald. "Big brother, can we be friends with Chibi Foxes?"

Donald wanted to immediately say no, but his little brother's excited expression caused him to sigh. "Sure," 'Ashur really wants to be friends with Fox's siblings. Unless Fox's siblings do something to hurt Ashur or make him cry, I'll allow them to be around Ashur,'

"Yay!" Ashur cheered. "We're all going to be bestest friends ever!"

'Donald really does have such a soft spot for his brother,' Kingsley noted. 'I can tell that he wanted to refuse but he agreed for Ashur's sake,'

"I'll bring them over tomorrow," Fox told them. 

"New friends! New friends!" Ashur happily sang. "We're gonna get two new friends!"

XXX

"Donald! Kingsley!" Ashur ran up to them. "Fox split into two!"

"...What?"

"He's two smol kids now!" Ashur claimed. 

The two followed him to the living room, where Fox, another boy, and a girl were. The five year old boy resembled Fox a lot and had the same hairstyle, hair color, and eyes. He also wore a pair of glasses, a blue collared shirt, and a red vest.

The five year old girl had light brown hair that was much neater than her brothers' messy hairstyles

The five year old girl had light brown hair that was much neater than her brothers' messy hairstyles. She also had grey eyes and wore a plain green shirt.

 She also had grey eyes and wore a plain green shirt

"See!" Ashur pointed at them. "Fox split into two smol kids!"

"Ashur, I'm right here," Fox waved at him. "These two are my younger siblings I was telling you guys about. Hey guys, introduce yourselves,"

"I'm Puma!" The girl happily introduced. "This is my twin brother Wolf!"

"Kitty and Woof-Woof!" Ashur immediately gave them nicknames. "I'm Ashur and this is my twin brother Donald! This is our friend Kingsley!"

"My name's not Woof—"

But Fox interrupted Wolf's correction. "I hope you five can get along,"

"We'll all be the bestest friends ever!" Ashur and Puma declared.

"My name's Wolf, not Woof-Woof," Wolf told Ashur.

"That's what I said," Ashur replied innocently. "Woof-Woof,"

"Wolf,"

"Woof-Woof,"

"Wolf, not Woof-Woof!"

"Woof-Woof!"

"Bro, I don't think you'll this battle," Puma patted her twin's back. "Best to just give up,"

Wolf stormed up to Ashur but Donald cut in between them. "What do you want?"

"Tell your brother to get his ears checked," Wolf scoffed. "My name's Wolf, not Woof-Woof!"

"My brother's hearing is fine," Donald glared at him.

"They're gonna be great friends!" Fox grinned.

Kingsley stared at Fox as if he had grown another head. "Wolf and Donald are more likely to fight than to become friends!"

"Nah, they'll get over it,"

XXX

Day after day, Wolf tried to get Ashur to correctly say his name but always failed. Eventually, he just gave up and resigned himself to his fate.

While Donald went to therapy to deal with his separation anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder, Ashur played with his new friends. 

Donald became closer to Kingsley and Ashur became closer to Wolf and Puma, although there were still times when the five of them hung out together. Donald would always make sure he had time for his little brother, even if it meant tossing away plans he had made with Kingsley.

Donald sometimes sparred with Fox. He wanted to get stronger in order to better protect Ashur in the future. When he wasn't sparring with Fox or hanging out, Donald worked on exercises to build up his muscles. Training was also a great way to relieve stress. Whenever he had a nightmare, beating up a training dummy would help him calm down quicker. 

Wolf and Puma liked to sometimes poke and tease Donald and Ashur about how the two boys, despite being a year older than them, were the shorter set of twins. Ashur would laugh along, unbothered by the jokes. Donald, on the other hand, often got mad and would sometimes throw a punch. He'd fight one of the Keum Twins, most of the time Wolf, until someone pulled them apart.

XXX

A year had passed since Donald and Ashur had moved into the Kwan Mansion. 

Donald was now taller than Wolf and Puma and now mocked the two's height, resulting in Wolf's short temper taking the bait and causing a fight to break out. 

Ashur, on the other hand, grew at a much slower rate. He was still shorter than both Wolf and Puma.

The reason Donald got angry whenever his height was made fun of is because the only reason he and Ashur were shorter than Wolf and Puma is because he and Ashur suffered from malnourishment from not having a proper diet for the first six years of their lives.