chapter 3 : The most trustworthy liar

The room was silent, Ram looked back at Subaru for a few seconds and in a small voice,

"Okay, you can come."

[Wait, is this really that easy? I at least expected her to be against it. Maybe I grew close enough in those few days]

"I swear I will be useful to you, Ram." said Subaru full of energy

"Wait at the entrance, I'll go gather the necessary items"

[I would also want to get stuff, but I don't feel like I am allowed to speak now.]

"Understood."

A few minutes later, at the entrance of the mansion.

The forest was dark, only the moon light was lighting the road.

Ram was carrying a big backpack on her back Subaru was following her a few meters behind.

"Ram do you want me to help you. I could take half the stuff at least."

"Ram, can you stop being mean to me? This is a serious situation, i know you..."

"This should be far enough." said Ram in a cold voice.

"What do you..."

Bump ... "ah...kh"

In a split-second, Ram grabbed Subaru by the collar, and pinned him against a nearby tree.

[It hurts. Why did she do that? I didn't do anything.]

"WHY!" Ram, full of rage shouted in Subaru's face.

"WHY DID YOU COME WITH ME?! ANSWER ME!"

[Why? What does she mean?]

Subaru, who is confused by the currenct events, said.

"I ...I just ...want to help Rem"

"LIAR! You barely ever spoke to her! I made sure that both of you didn't meet!"

[Wait, what ? What does she mean?]

"Why? It's because you are suspicious."

"W..Wh..What do you mean? I am only trying to do my best to work in the mansion. I didn't do anything!"

"You did nothing, huh? Do you think actually think that I didn't notice all your actions from the day you woke up in this mansion? All your actions have been weird."

[What does she mean? I didn't do anything suspicious these past few days, or did she notice that...]

"Oh, finally got it through your thick skull, huh?. Looks like you figured it out, I noticed everything. The first day when you woke up, you knew my name. How did you know that?"

"It... It was... Emilia who told me."

"Wrong answer. I asked Emilia-sama and she told me that she never told you anything about the mansion or its people. Not only that but when I took you to tour the rooms, you knew exactly where they were. When we were cleaning together, you knew where every item was. When the vase broke you knew exactly where the replacements were. And even today you knew the road to the village when I made sure you never got out of the mansion."

"I... just... I don't..."

"So, tell me, Subaru, how did you know that? Why did you come to this mansion? And why did you come with me today? ... and ... and"

Ram was no longer looking at Subaru. Her rage was beginning to fade.

"And even though there are all those proofs against you, why,... why..., can't I distrust you? Why am I not able to see any bad intentions in your actions? Why do I believe in your innocence?"

Saying that, Ram let go of Subaru's collar, and made a few steps back while holding her face with her hands.

[What does she mean? ... Ah, so its like that,huh? I think I know what I have to do.]

"First, I'm sorry that I lied to you."

Saying that, Subaru, bowed to Ram.

Ram took her hands of her face, and looked at Subaru, waiting for his next words.

"I didn't come with you to save Rem, Ah..., I take that back. It's just not my main reason, it's just...it's just that ... I want to help you. Yeah... I want to be useful to you, I just want you to share your burdens with me. From the first day I came here, even if it was to keep an eye on me, you helped me, you taught me everything I needed to know. You even taught me how to read and write, I can even write shot sentences now... I am getting too out of topic, but what I want to say is... I want to help you, Ram. I want you to rely on me."

Saying that, Subaru looked into Ram eyes, waiting for an answer

A few seconds passed...

Sigh...

"You didn't answer the main question."

"Oh... That is a really long story, and I don't think we have enough time. When everything is settled, I will explain to you everything, but it's not something shady. I have nothing to do with what's happening right now."

"Do you really think that I will believe you?"

"...Yes"

"Disgusting. Please go die."

After a few seconds of looking at each other, even if it was barely noticeable in Ram's face, they both smiled.

"Fine. it's a promise then. When everything is settled, you will have to explain everything, Subaru. And if you miss even one detail, I will castrate you."

Subaru gulped

[Fuck! She actually looks serious!]

"For this mission, I will grant you the title of assistant, so be grateful."

"Assistant? Wait, what? Not partner or teammate, or maybe..."

Seeing him complaining again, Ram dropped her bag, and began walking towards the village.

"Be useful and pick the bag, assistant. My shoulders hurt."

As soon as he took the bag, Subaru began running, trying to catch up to her.

----------------------------------

first of all thank you all for the comments and and the advices you gave me i read every comment and take every comment seriously

i also want to thank my friend who is helping me make the grammar better you know who you are

and another friend of mine kaip0 the author of rem x reader (i really recommend checking the story out) who is helping me with ideas and brainstorming

anyway thanks again for all the readers who without this story would have no reason to be .

ps: please leave comments it helps me grow and get ideas .