🅢🅔🅡🅘🅐🅛 🅚🅘🅛🅛🅔🅡

Louis stood at the front counter at his favorite Café, he was waiting patiently for his coffee order to be ready. He had an arm resting on the granite counter top, propping his head of soft hair up with his hand.

Louis yawned, his eyes dancing back and forth as he watched the nice looking barista walk around quickly, as he made numerous cappuccinos and lattes.

"Hey sir... your coffee is ready."

Louis's eyes flicked open and he realized he must've dozed off slightly. He thanked the man, who smiled at him while he grabbed his lidded coffee cup.

Louis walked through the doors, they chimed and then he was outside. The cool autumn breeze blew his hair off of his eyebrows and he shivered slightly.

All he had on to keep him warm was his scarf and his thin white lab coat right now. He didn't think to bring another jacket with him, as he had been in a rush to get ready.

Usually Louis woke up around 8:00 am, and that was when he got himself showered and dressed for work. This morning however, he was called in very early. At 6:17am to be exact.

Louis was exhausted, but that's why he stopped to grab the coffee. He had a very late night in the lab yesterday, trying to examine the remains of a body and decide the cause of death.

He was a doctor who performed medical examinations. He had lots of experience in many other fields though, a few of those including pediatrics, cardiology, and general surgical procedures.

Currently, Louis worked at White Blossom Health Bridge clinic and had been working there for about four years. Mainly working with bodies of the deceased.

Louis unlocked his silver SUV and moved into the driver's seat, closing the door and then placing the coffee cup in one of the cup holders on the center console.

He noticed his strawberry air freshener was running out, making note to buy a new one for the car.

There was a bit of traffic, but Louis pulled into the huge parking lot of the hospital eventually. He had to swerve around a bit to get to his assigned parking spot that he always used.

Once he twisted the key out of the ignition, he sighed and made sure to grab all of the files he needed which he had set down on his leather passenger seat.

When Louis stepped out of his car he turned toward the elevator doors that always took them up from the parking lots and into the building.

He spotted one of his friends who also happened to be his pathology assistant and a current medical student, Niall Horan. He was standing in front of the elevator doors waiting for them to open.

Louis made his way over to his blonde assistant and greeted him, "Pleasant morning, Horan." He gave a bit of a forced smile and cautiously sipped his coffee.

Niall turned toward him quickly. "Oh! Doctor Tomlinson. Good morning to you too. You look super tired."

Louis rolled his eyes. "Very flattering, Mr. Horan." His soft voice was full of sarcasm. He sipped his coffee again.

His assistant laughed, "Not in a mean way, you're very good looking. You make these cases much easier for the both of us." He complimented Louis effortlessly and then winked playfully. Finally the elevator door opened a second later.

They both stepped onto it together. Louis pressed the button for the ninth floor, which was the forensic examination floor in the hospital morgue.

He then turned to Niall. "Mr. Horan. Us? Still not happening." Louis chimed to him, this time giggling quietly afterward. He sounded a little playful as well.