Short Stories: Of scars and festivals

Warnings: this is pure fluff vomit :P, jealousy, foul language, the usual, not edited, mediocre writing spelling grammar yadayadayada. This takes place in the beginning stages of their relationship.

"What do you think he's trying to do?" bitterly chuckled Takeomi, looking at some stupid asshole trying to make conversation with you as you waited in the line of the Yakisoba-pan stand

"Poor bastard" Kakucho couldn't help but actually pity the man. You were clearly uncomfortable, not because of the man there, but because you knew who was watching. And you knew how they tend to react.

"You two, behave. We're in plain daylight." Kokonoi wasn't in the mood to be bribing anyone today, especially if Ran and Rindou couldn't control themselves. "At least wait," he didn't say no to teach the guy not to mess with what belongs to them, but right now wouldn't be enjoyable, and too many eyewitnesses.

"Yeah, don't act like anyone here isn't holding back from blowing his head," Kakucho added, seeing as the Haitani were already on their feet, ready to pounce.

"Looks like someone isn't," their boss pointed out. Mikey didn't say no, so Sanzu had quietly marched up there with a cold stare.

What is worse than an extremely go happy Sanzu or a mad one? Believe it or not, the neutral Sanzu is the scariest. As some people say, the opposite of love isn't hate but indifference. And that is precisely how Sanzu behaved. Worry when his eyes are drained from all color, just like they are right now.

Of course, you weren't worried about yourself. The one in danger was the idiotic man trying to play casanova in front of you. But still, it was a very crowded place and in the middle of the day? Sanzu shouldn't be making a scene. Even if the police didn't have any concrete evidence on them, the cops would take any chance to have Bonten number 2 for a second on one of their interrogation rooms. And to be honest, Sanzu wasn't going to have an amicable chat with the man in his sight.

"Let's go, Kakucho," Takeomi lazily stood up, "My foolish brother will find a way to make Y/N's day out go to hell, and we don't want that."

"Sure, but why me?" Kakucho thought someone like Rindou would go, not them, knowing how Sanzu and the younger Haitani got along.

"The scars speak for themselves; that's all we need," Takeomi pulled a smoke out of his pocket before walking where you and Sanzu stood. Takeomi wasn't called the god of war for nothing. One of the best strategies for winning any fight is never to start it at all. Declare yourself the winner from the beginning. Since there wasn't any competition to begin with, why bother with more?

"We're doing that?" Kakucho knows this plan. Done it countless times with the Aakashi brothers in different situations; most were just intimidation cases for drug deals, not a scoundrel. Kakucho hurried his step, seeing how you tried to distract Sanzu from his target. It would have been humorous in any other circumstance, you clinging to the pinknette's shooting arm, trying to stop Sanzu from reaching his holster, almost looking like q monkey on a pole.