Chapter 18

"club..."

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"A club?" I mocked Brooke's last reaction from earlier, seeing her look at me and raise an eyebrow at me. "Just kidding come on let's see what this club has on the inside," grabbing her hand as she walked beside me. I know I made the first move to hold her hand but that doesn't mean my heart isn't pounding like crazy.

We walked inside hearing the speaker blasting the music with the lights going over our faces. The club was just the usual club mood with a bunch of alcohol and people trying to have a good time. "I'm going to the restroom, I'll be right back," she told me.

"Just don't ditch me, alright" I replied as she laughed and rolled her eyes walking off in a direction. "You aren't right?" I questioned and to my surprise, she turned and shrugged with a smile on her face then continue to walk off. I walked off to the bar and took one shot and before I know it she was already beside me.

"Already getting started?" She asked me.

"Well just in case you did leave me, I would have already gotten started with drinking," I said as I raised the shot glass to her.

"Well, you would have to be crazy to think I would ever leave you," she responded as she made eye contact with me, and let me tell you I thought my heart was about to explode right now. "Now let's go dance," as she pulled my hand to the dance floor.

The music was blaring as we started dancing and it was fun. I have a smile on my face, she has one too. For a moment it felt like we were the only two in the world. Every time I'm around her I felt happy, every time I looked at her it felt like I couldn't tear my eyes off of her. I don't know what this is but all I know is that this girl has me on her hold and I don't mind.

We had been dancing our asses off for most of the night, and eventually, she informed me that she was going to the bar for drinks. I offer to go with her but she told me to have fun and went towards the counter. I continue dancing with some girls making their way towards me. I looked to the bar to see Brooke getting approached by a random guy. I quickly started to make my way towards the girl, but when I got there she was already walking away from him. I jogged up to her but not before I shot the guy a glare.

"Brooke, are you okay?" I asked her seeing a bothered expression on her face.

"I need to go home," she replied in a tired tone before exiting the club. I was going to follow her but not before I walked up to the guy.

"What the hell did you say to her!?" I questioned him. He just scoffed and turned back, ignoring my question. I grabbed him by the shirt making him face me with a spooked expression coming over his face. "I don't know what you told her but don't be surprised if I come back to beat your ass." I finished as let go of him and ran to the limousine.

The ride was silent until Brooke broke the silence with a question. "Do you think Lucas is a good guy?"

"Well I've only known him for a short amount of time but from what Haley and Mouth say about him," I began as she looked at me intensely waiting for my answer. "It sounds like he is, just has his not-so-good times."

"I just want someone to want me back," she said with her voice cracking due to her trying to hold back her tears. I shifted to get closer to her and wrapped my arms around her making her let out all the emotion she was holding back.

"Brooke you are going to find that person," I said softly trying to comfort her. "That person will make you feel wanted and loved in any way possible. And when you find the person who can do that, everything will line up for you." I told her as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"You promise?" she mumbled into my shirt before looking up at me with puffy eyes.

"I promise," I said, giving her a reassuring smile as she laid her head back into my chest.

═════ ◈ ═════

"I finally know where you live now," she said while she stepped out of the limo. "Are your parents here?" as she looked at the house making me do the same and noticing the house looked all depressing looking with the lights off.

"Nope, my father is gone, and my mom lives in another town so I have the house all to myself," I informed her as she nodded along with what I was saying. "Well thank you for the night out Ms.Davis,"

"Even if it ended with me being a wreck," she spoke out as she put her head down.

"Look, you need to know that you are Brooke Davis. You can get through this rough patch on your journey. You are an amazing person with an incredible heart. Anyone can see that and hopefully one day you will see it too."

"You want me to cry again?" she chuckled out as she wiped away some tears that escaped. I let out a laugh and walked over to the girl and hugged her. After a few moments, I let her go of my embrace which she was slow to do the same

"I better let you go now, don't want to get you in trouble with this guy," I said signaling to the driver. I turned around but before I could take a step she called me back.

"You still owe me a kiss you know," she told me as I turned back around and walked to her.

"How rude of me," I joked as I kissed her on her forehead. I heard her breath hitch a little before I laid one gentle kiss on her cheek. It would be a bold move if I did give her an actual kiss but I didn't overstep. "Goodbye Brooke," I said as I was turning away to walk away again, but to my surprise, I was stopped by a quick peck on my left cheek.

"Maybe if you take me out on a date, I'll actually give you the real one." she teased as she quickly ran back to the limo and took off. Leaving me standing out there like an idiot with a huge grin on my face. Yep, it's official she has me wrapped around her finger.

Third Person POV

Andrew stepped into his house smiling ear to ear. As Brooke did the same thinking about all the times she shared with the boy she would dream about. But the smile that was once on her face quickly dropped when she was hit with the harsh truth of reality.