Scaredy-cat

A so-called horror fanatic you called yourself. You love the jump scares, the demons, the ghosts and the overall thrill you get from it. Your friends could never understand how you can watch them, especially by yourself.

As well as someone who absolutely loves horror movies, you also claimed that they weren't even that scary and that there was nothing to be afraid of. You're definitely not scared of them at all...

Or are you?

You texted Mark earlier and asked if he wanted to come over to your apartment to hang out for a movie night. It was something you both liked to do quite often as a way to de-stress and catch up on life. (And totally not an excuse for you both to hang out with each other more because you guys have feelings for one another but are oblivious to it).

Since you picked the movie last time, it was Mark's turn to pick today. Mark knew you loved horror movies but never really took much interest in that genre. You always begged for him to go to the cinema with you whenever there was a new movie out that you wanted to check out but he never found the plots interesting. Until today.

"The Grudge" was the movie he picked out.

You've actually seen this one before. A few times actually but is one you try to avoid watching because as much you love horror films, this one is definitely not the one you enjoy watching. There's just something about this move that makes your body shiver and scare the living crap out of you. Especially the weird croaking noises??? You can't even watch this during the day, that's how much you don't like it.

But of course Mark didn't know that. Since he's here with you, you didn't mind watching it because at least you have someone else with you. You can hide behind him and use him as a shield if needed.

It hasn't even been an hour into the movie and you've already hid behind a cushion and screeched a few times. You find yourself leaning to the side towards Mark as you keep your eyes on the tv. You can hear nothing but the slow footsteps of the character and your increasing heartbeat as you watch the character walk through a dark room that is just about lit up by the lantern they're holding.

Mark looks at you with one of his eyebrows raised

"Hellooo? Some personal space?"

You roll your eyes at his words, but still focused on the movie in front of you

"Oh please, it's not like we haven't been this close before"

At this point, your head is leaning on his shoulder, your eyes squinting and grimacing at the sight of the scene unfolding. Mark feels your head moving and turns to look at you and sees that you now have your face down on his shoulder, not even looking at the movie anymore.

Mark scoffs at the sight of you but not before sneakily moving his arm down from the top of the couch behind you to hold you closer to him by your shoulder

"I thought you weren't scared of horror movies"

You quickly lift your head up and look at him

"I'm not! I am absolutely perfectly capable of watching any horror-"

The unexpected noise of a loud bang makes you scream out loud and jump onto Mark's lap. Your face is buried on his neck as your arms are wrapped around him. Mark freezes at the sudden closer contact. He can feel your rapid breathing on his neck as well as his own heartbeat speeding up.

"films" you murmur on his neck, hugging him tighter

His whole body feels tense against you, still not moving an inch. You figured you're probably making him uncomfortable so you slightly push yourself away from him but still on his lap. You lift your legs up closer to your chest and look down at your lap, your hands on his shoulders while fiddling with his t-shirt

"Sorry" you mutter out

You look up to take a glance at Mark but you see his lips forming into a smirk and raise an eyebrow at you. You both continue to look at each other without saying a word, staring at him doe eyed, completely forgetting that you were watching a movie in the first place when another unexpected bang frightens the living daylight out of you. This time, you don't scream but you do wrap your arms around him and bury your face onto his neck once again.

You can feel Mark place his hands on the sides of your waist. His fingers slowly move up and down as a way to comfort you. You can feel your body tingle at the contact; melting into his touch as he wraps his arms around your waist, hugging you closer to him.

After a while, you move off from his lap. Your legs are now resting over his thighs and your head leaning on his shoulder. Attention is now fully focused on the movie again.

You enjoy the closeness of Mark; still close to him as you snuggle him. Your arms are wrapped around his waist as his arms are wrapped around you too, ready to protect and comfort you from any further jump scares and pretty much the rest of the horror movie you apparently were not so scared of.

Mark glances down at you, a small smile appears on his face as he feels you tightening your grip on his t-shirt

"Scaredy-cat"

"Oh shut your face Mark"