the first kiss, the first snow

╰┈➤ GENRE: fluff, friends to lovers!au╰┈➤ ⚠️ WARNING(S): none

╰┈➤ ⚠️ WARNING(S): none

Mark parks his car to the side of the road, just outside of your apartment building, having just spent the entire day with him.

Somehow, Mark had finally convinced you early this morning to take a break from studying as that was what you have been doing the past week. You were just glued to your books and laptop as you really wanted to pass an upcoming exam you had in about a week. You knew you needed a break as you were starting to feel a bit burnt out, but you just couldn't help it. You felt a bit guilty thinking about doing other things. So Mark, being the awesome friend he was, decided that today was the day to get you out of hiding.

Just a day off from studying wouldn't hurt, right?

You felt guilty for ignoring him. You wanted to apologise and make it up to him, so you finally agreed after you read through his countless texts, begging you to hang out with him.

As soon as you said yes, Mark picked you up from your apartment. He was so hyper and couldn't stop grinning at you, excited that you were finally coming out from your cave.

At first, you guys had some food, went shopping and did some sightseeing, like tourists. Nothing particularly special, but you enjoyed spending time with him nonetheless. Time flew by, and it was starting to get dark, but neither you nor Mark wanted to go home yet.

So, Mark decided to take you to a huge Christmas market he heard about from his members that had recently opened for the festive season.

Many stalls were selling personalised and handmade gifts. Street vendors were selling traditional Christmas food items such as mince pies and panettones. As you walked around, you could smell the warm flavours of chocolate, hints of sweet peppermint candies and steaming mugs of mulled wine. Many festive lights and decorations brightened up the whole evening. They had an ice rink and an observation wheel which you dragged Mark along with you because it was one of your favourite attractions to go on no matter how long the queues were. They always gave you such a lovely view of the general area below and further out of the city, particularly at night. You thought it was kind of romantic.

While walking around, you even came across a giant blown-up Santa at one point, surrounded by lit up reindeers.

It's fair to say you and Mark took a lot of pictures.

You guys didn't bother with the other attractions they had because those queues were insane, and you weren't bothered to queue anymore today. It was also getting really chilly despite being bundled up in your puffy coats and clinging onto each other for warmth. You wouldn't be surprised if it started snowing suddenly, but you wouldn't mind if it did. It hasn't snowed yet, and you were waiting for it because you absolutely loved the snow.

Though Mark is very chill and laid back, he always makes things enjoyable, even when doing the simplest of things. It's one of the reasons why you love him so much. The kind of love which is felt further beyond the friend stage.

If only he felt the same way as you did...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

You stare at your apartment building for a few moments, not wanting to say goodnight.

"Y/N you ok?"

Mark pulls you out of your thoughts. You let out a small smile and nodded in response.

"Text me when you're home, ok?"

"I am home, though?" you scrunch your face up slightly

"I mean when you're actually inside your house. Just to be safe" Mark chuckles

"I will, don't worry."

You continue to look at him, getting lost in his eyes slightly before you turn to open the car door. As one of your feet makes contact with the pavement, you stop and hesitate to get out for a few seconds before turning towards him and leaning closer to kiss him on the cheek. When you pull away, you avoid eye contact with him as you can feel yourself turning into a tomato, quickly letting out a "i'll text you" and getting out of his car.

As you walk towards the building entrance, you let out a huge sigh and place both your hands on your cheeks. You feel yourself continue to burn up as you can't believe you just did that. But then the fear starts clouding your thoughts. You thought to yourself,

"Did I just ruin our friendship? Did I just make things awkward?"

All of a sudden, someone grabs your arm, making you stop abruptly and pulling you out of your thoughts. You turn around, slightly taken aback, as you realise it's Mark, looking at him innocently.

"Mark? Are y-?"

Mark stops you mid-sentence as he pulls you in closer. He places his hands on your cheeks and leans in closer, closing the gap between you two. The softness of his lips brushes against yours before he captures you with a gentle kiss. There's a hint of peppermint from the chocolates you had earlier. A smile forms on your lips, overjoyed with what's happening as you continue to kiss him. Your arms circle around his waist as you do so.

Mark feels your smile and pulls away from you, beaming back at you as he soothes your cheeks with his thumbs. He rubs the tip of his nose gently against yours before reeling you in with another kiss.

This time, it's your turn to pull away from Mark as you start to feel something tickle your skin. You're slightly confused, but then you come to realise what it is as you look above you. Mark follows your gaze up at the sky. The brightness from the surrounding streetlights shines on the light and delicate crystals falling slowly onto the ground, which soon gets heavier.

"It's snowing!" you both exclaim in unison and laugh

You turn your attention from above you to in front of you as Mark pulls your chin down slightly to make you focus on him again. Your foreheads now resting against one another, sighing in content. You close your eyes, savouring the quiet but sweet and comforting moment. Mark grazes his thumb on your bottom lip before kissing you again.

Your first kiss with Mark AND the first snow of the year too?

This is undoubtedly one of the best moments in your life and an unforgettable one.