Birth of the Average

At an unknown location and time, two people were having a conversation under a pink tree. They had a table in front of them while drinking the tea. Their appearance unnoticeable as the shadow from the tree made it impossible to distinguish any traits.

"Let me ask you this." One of them talked. Their voice was hoarse and old yet held an unknown amount of wisdom. "What do you think is humanity's greatest strength?"

This questioned intrigued his companion as he placed down his cup of tea. Pondering the question, his friend answered. "Greed. That is my answer." This voice sounded younger but more serious than the other.

The old man chuckled a bit. "An interesting answer. Then what makes it so that humans can develop this sin? The Sin of Greed."

"Hmm... the mind. One needs to be able to think to have these materialistic desires. Even animals have minds of their own, though it isn't as refined and developed as us humans." He answered full of confidence.

"But what do humans have related to the mind that the animals you speak of, don't?"

This question was not easy yet one answer popped in his mind but he didn't hold the confidence he had to the previous one. "Knowledge." Uncertainty was evident in his tone.

The old man shook his index finger at him. "Wrong. That only applies to when a human is old enough to gain that knowledge. Is a baby more knowledgeable than a wolf that knows how to survive, hunt and protect its pack? I personally don't think so. A baby is still human. Then that answer doesn't work, does it?"

This explanation certainly confused him. The man couldn't find any answer that would correspond to this question. "Then what answer can you give me. What is the right answer to this question?"

The old man posture lowered making his smile visible as the sun shined on him. His teeth were white yet they somehow looked inhuman. Its shape was odd as it looked like an infinite number of teeth were visible. 

"'Imagination'. It is the key. The key to change reality. Itself."

["^_(9^ 1§{€2£¥7$}8%->4@*#'6~'...\!?04@*#'6~'...\!?0]

April 17th, 1990.

The day that I, Isao Arai, was born in Japan. First name Arai. Family name Isao.

When I was born,

.

.

.

Nothing of note happened. Anti-climatic, I know. But that was what really happened. I was born with normal parents that were... well, normal. Not too overly nice but not to overly severe. You know, the normal parents.

I had a normal life.

Well, that's actually wrong.

I never had one. 'Normal' doesn't associate with sorcerers which is a person who uses curses or more specifically. Jujutsu.

But being born with the ability to see curses was a curse in itself. A curse that isolates yourself from others. I still remember when I spoke about it with my parents or other people, they would be weirded out and tell me that I was seeing things and that they weren't real.

After all, ghost don't exist, right? Had to follow the rules of these people that were ignorant of a society that had lived with them for over thousands of years.

So I slowly had to learn, to teach myself to ignore them. To blend in... to not feel lonely.

It was weird at first but I slowly got used to it. Practice makes perfection. Is that a real quote? Well its something like that.