Epilogue

Kakashi and Akari still live in the old Hatake house with their twins. They've grown up a little and are currently 5 years old. Hatake is only a few years from retirement.

"They're refusing to eat the snacks you made." Kakashi sighed and flopped back onto the grass next to Akari. She continued to read her book without looking up to her husband. They were sat on the grass at the back of the old Hatake house she loved so much. The summers day warmed the air magnificently and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

"Just throw them out then," she murmured as he watched her eyes hungrily read the pages.

"Kids!," Kakashi shouted and heaved himself off the ground, "pack your bags! Your mother told me to throw you out!" He was already storming across the garden when she realised what was happening.

"Kakashi!" She'd jumped up and ran to Kashi who was grinning widely back at her at he walked through the door. She raced to follow him only to be greeted by the sound of crying.

"Momma is kicking us out?" Hatake Hikaru looks to his father trying to wipe the tears away but they're falling too fast. She watches as Kakashi tries not to laugh. Hatake Miharu starts clinging onto Kakashi's leg as she wails.

"Please papa I'll eat momma gross snacks," she wails again through her sobbing. The chaos of the moment was the only thing preventing the hurt at the comment of her cooking.

"Look, kids, I'm just as surprised as you are." He was ruffling the hair on his daughters head as she desperately clung to his leg.

"Hika, Miha, mommy didn't say that! I'm not kicking you out!" Akari shook her head from side to side as her hands came to her cheeks. Their crying seemed to pause as they blinked to her and back at Kakashi. She watched as his smirked dropped slowly as their little faces screwed up into anger.

"OW!" Kakashi yelled out as Miharu kicks him cleanly in the shin. "You can't kick the Hokage!" He calls just as Hikaru repeats his sisters action in the other shin.

Akari watches on unable to repress the bubble of laughter but they look back to their mother as if to ask permission. Her eyebrows twitch upwards as she smirked and she watched the twins turn back to their father with adorably serious expressions.

"Momma said that it was ok," the grumpy comment of Miha's was followed by Kakashi feigning pain as he play fought with them.

Later that evening

It had been a hot day, even for summer. It wasn't particularly late, Kakashi and Akari hadn't even had dinner yet, but the twins had trained all day together and she knew they were tired. Because it was summer it was still pretty light at almost 9 pm.

"Oya," Kakashi called from the door.

"Oyasumi," Akari waved and turned the lights off. The two children uttered their goodnights as Kakashi began to close the door.

"Do you think bugs have feelings?" Akari heard Miha whisper to her brother.

"I'm giving you one chance to shut the hell up." Hika's dry scalding caused Akari to cover her snickering with both her hands as Kakashi shut the door completely. He made no effort to repress his own laughter. Kakashi turned and rested his arm over Akari's shoulders. She snaked an arm around his waist and leant into him as they began walking down the hallway.

"Ikura came to the office today," Kakashi spoke of what was on his mind.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, he asked if the twins could go to the academy and help out the kids there." She watched as his eyes slid to their corners, spying her reaction.