(fluff) Trying Pt.4

Here's part 4! I nearly forgot to upload it cause today was such a wreck for me, lol. You guys have been really excited for a part four,

So, I hope you enjoy, you fluffy lol coffee beans!
~~~~~~~

It was today. Nightmare and Cross had invited their brothers to a picnic in the castle gardens... At which they planned to tell them both about their new souling, only a month and a half old now... Turns out trying to arrange a time that worked for Dream with all the business and meetings they were both currently stuck with was a bit more difficult than Night or Cross had originally planned for.

Their souling had grown stronger recently, and a little bigger too. Cross was starting so show just a little bit, it was hardly anything at all, but Night was still fussing over him all the same. Nightmare was still fawning over how just two weeks ago the soul had been perfectly covered up by his thumb, now it was about two and a half fingers wide and about one distal phalanx long. And now it's inverted heart shape was much more visible, albeit fuzzy through his ecto.

Not much had happened in that month, Dream and Night were still working out the details of the truce, but... They'd been closer lately, both of them looked so much happier. It made Cross happy to know Night would finally have his brother back. Cross had been a little less tired now that the Souling's first big growth spurt was over. Though, Sci warned him that he'd be back to napping all day in a few more weeks, when the souling would have it's biggest growth spurt.

Cross thought it was adorable how Night was so intrigued by it. He was even more astonished when he reminded him that he himself had nurtured the souling with his own magic, to which Nightmare argued that Cross had been the one to make it. Cross compromised and said that they'd made it together. Night still thought that that was incredibly humble of him and also quite inaccurate, but settled to agree nonetheless.

That'd been just this morning, They'd been so open and honest about it right then... So why was bringing it up now so difficult! Their brothers were sitting on the picnic blanket in front of them, enjoying little lunch sandwiches that Cross had made earlier today. "So, what mess has your group been getting up to?" Cross asked, always eager to hear the tales of the mess Ink and Blue got up to.

"Oh boy... Well, yesterday Ink got distracted by Error while blue was making pancakes and he ended up setting Ink's kitchen on fire... So... That was fun to deal with." Dream sighed, shaking his head a little. "I love them a whole lot but I swear to the stars sometimes they're just too much." He says, laughing a little. "I understand completely, i had to break up another kitchen sparring match and get Horror to stop crying after killer knocked his soup off the counter yesterday." Nightmare huffed, rolling his eyes. Chara laughed a little at that.

"Yeah, that was actually a little funny to watch. Other than the soup part, that just turned it depressing." Chara said, sighing a little. Dream nodded a bit, "pff... Well that most certainly explains Kills not getting out of bed today." Dream snickered, looking a little thoughtful for a moment. "Ugh, sometimes I wish I could just go back and hide in the mindspace, killer was so fucking loud I couldn't sleep last night!" CC said in annoyance, crossing his arms and huffing.

Dream laughed a little, covering his mouth and apologizing for laughing at that. "Well, how have you been for the past week Cross? I haven't seen you hardly any as of late." He said, turning to Cross. "Oh I've been... Tired. If I'm being entirely honest, carrying a souling is totally exhausting." Cross says, sighing deeply as he cracked a little smile. Nightmare smiled at an expression confusion crossed their brothers' faces.

"Yeah, I'm reluctant to let him leave bed when the little one is being so tough on his magic." Nightmare says, nodding a little. He wrapped his arm around Cross' waist, petting over his stomach. "Souling?" Dream murmured to himself in confusion, before suddenly, realization hit him like a two ton truck. "OH MY STARS!" Dream shouts, lighting up with positivity that made Nightmare flinch and his tentacles curl in distaste.