𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟

𝑆𝑒𝑘𝑎𝑛𝑖 𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛
1 𝑊𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟.

Sekani sits in the deli, looking outside at 3 men selling on the corner, they wear green. Nick, Wyatt, and he were all downtown since Austin's Deli sells the best ham sandwiches. Sekani plays with his fingers nervously as he thinks about 'how they are not even phased by how they are literally messing up people's lives.' Sekani gets 3 messages from his dad. They had a charity event to go to, sekani hated it, he hated dressing in a suit for those types of things.

"One sandwich for you!" Wyatt comes over and hands Sekani his sandwich. Mace sits in the booth behind them with 2 other bodyguards. Sekani personally put this on himself because he's too careless to be alone and not get in trouble with the police. Wyatt hopes into the booth and Nick slides in sitting next to Sekani.

"Why are you all sad?" Nick asked.

Sekani unwraps his sandwich, eating it and groaning, he enjoys the taste but then answers Nick's question. "I fucking hate-"

"Language," Mace says as he reads a magazine sitting behind them.

Sekani groaned once again mumbling all types of bad things about Mace. "I hate going to events because somebody in my family starts fighting with each other. At the last charity event, My grandpa and my grandma could not stop arguing and then I overheard my mom and dad fighting... They've been fighting a lot." sekani says. He looks down. "What if they divorce?"

"What?" Nick says. "They could never, your mom and dad are like love birds. If they divorce... Nobody is safe." he shakes his head.

"Right... I mean they could never... Right? They wouldn't hurt the family? Right? They won't leave me? Right?" Sekani rumbled, feeling his chest about to explode. Mace gets up and fixes his suit.

"Okay, Kani. your parents need you to come back home. Let's go." Mace clears his throat. Sekani looks at him, Nick scouts out and they do their handshake. Mace and the bodyguards walk behind Sekani as they all get into the SUV. The bodyguards got into the driver's side and passenger, There was a window between them so mace and Sekani were alone. Sekani slouches in his seat.

"Your parents are fine." Mace nodded.

"They've been fighting, Mace. I'm not going to believe you until I see that they are fine, they play around like they are in the perfect marriage when really, they argue about me, the unborn baby, dad, and how he is barely home."

"Listen, they are fine. That is what comes with marriage."

"So.. when I get married I'm going to argue with my wife every night about me not being home to spend time with my kids? Is that what you're saying?" Sekani looks at him with a stern face. Sekani nods his head at Mace's silence. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

_________________________

Christian rolls a lint roller over Sekani's clean black suit, He wears a dress shirt underneath, black pants, and black dress shoes. Christian ruffles Sekani's curls.

"You need a haircut, boy." Christian chuckled. Christian had a full beard going on right now, and hair was full of hair but it was short of course. "Can't say anything about myself, because..." he motions at his hair. He notices Sekani's silence.

Sekani poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue. "Are you and mom okay?"

Christian looks at him and his jaw ticks, he looks away and nervously chuckles. "Yeah, why would you ask that?" Christian takes a Tie and wraps it around Kani's neck getting ready to tie it.